Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Which airline did they bump you off onto or did they just substitute with one of their own planes?
hi, this time we have been moved to a plane (still thomson i think)but with less legroom and no seat back tvs.in the letter they sent they said this was due to a review of there flying programme they have had to re-organise there aircraft
Hi where you flying to on these two long haul flights and from which airport.
we also had flights with thomson from manchester to dominican republic no problems but the flight back was a disgrace. There was no wine to have with meal no lager no milk for tea. I managed to get 1 pot of milk for my tea my 9 year old son was refused so I gave him my tea. We were told that there was a choice for meals but when it came to our turn there was only the curry left. As far as I am concerned thomson cant keep there word about what they promise would never trust them again.
So ionabingo what was your actual problem with Thomson, did you also get the short haul configuration on a long haul flight?

Or was it just they had run out of a few things?

Pardon me if you think i am being rude but if it is just that they had run out of things on board the aircraft, its a bit harsh in saying you would never trust them again?
I agree, even Tesco run out of things, people don't refuse to ever shop in there again if once they run out of PG Tips or Hovis white bread...

Reality check people...
I agree with Ionabingo it's not good If they can't manage to have enough supplies of what was more than likely uht milk that keeps for a long time and other supplies that make life a lot nicer on a long flight I personaly think it needs complaining about, before other things start to slip.
Is some of it down to how much they can carry and how much passengers on the outbound flight have used? Agree it's annoying when there is a shortage of items but hardly a reason to say you'd never trust them again.
They could also dump the so called Duty Free that would make room for more milk??????
No milk on a shorthaul flight to the UK, no hardship. Longhaul however, unacceptable. And I don't believe it's down to what they carry on the o/b flight, they're usually catered for on the inbound locally.
they're usually catered for on the inbound locally.

Not always - not all destinations can meet the requirements re hygiene and price and hence why on some flights both the outbound and inbound supplies are sourced in the UK.

SM
I cant believe they ran out of milk, more likely the crew(theres good and bad in all airlines) couldn't be bothered to walk back to the galley and get one for you.

A lot of the essentials are catered from the UK such as napkins, milk pots and stirrers and the amount of milk pots that are currently put on would be sufficiant to supply a small country.

Meals are a contencious issue, every flight is different one flight people are fighting over sausage and mash, the next rioting because we are short of chicken curry, the amounts loaded are constantly being monitored.

Unfortunately childrens meals are catered differently to adults and instead of cups for tea, a juice is loaded, this means they don't have a cup to serve a tea into so as much as the crew might of wanted to give the little one a tea/coffee they had nothing to give it to him in.

Qatarman, Whilst you might not buy much from duty free it is an important part of the flight for the customer, only the other day one flight had to depart without dutyfree and the complaints and feedback received were excessively high, even though the customers were advised at check in and had opportunity to purchase in the airports.
To answer the original posters "post"

The return flight will be operated by Arkefly, one of Thomson Airways sister airline. This is due to a genuine shortage in the fleet just for that one day. Due to this you will be getting complimentary drinks on your flight.
My comment of dumping the Duty Fee was made "Tongue in Cheek"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.