Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It is the newest 787, G-TUIE. It has gone wrong 3 times in the last few days. It seems as if it is a friday afternoon plane.

If it was a brand new car you would send it back.
I just hope that they fix it before Saturday then lol
Qman wrote:
It is the newest 787, G-TUIE

G-TUIF has since been delivered so it's the 2nd newest but still, the 787 entry in to service around the world is still having teething problems.

Darren
Hi all,
Flying again with TOM on 4th September to Cancun after a few holidays with Virgin...
Looking at Thomson timetables, 6 long-haul flights are happening on the day.
3 from Gatwick, 2 from Manchester and 1 from East Midlands ...
Is there any way to figure out if all those flights will be on Dreamliners ? I'm asking in case there might be a spare Dreamliner available if one of the scheduled ones goes tech ...

Furthermore, do you know which flight would the plane do before TOM92?
Thanks a lot in advance !
Julmops,

They are all Boeing 787-8's (they have 6 in their fleet). There's no spare 787-8, not at $200 million each! The standby aircraft for long haul is an ex-TOM Boeing 767-300/ER (G-OBYG). The flight before yours is Cancun (TOM048/9).

Darren
Could you tell us where our plan is coming from on Saturday. We are TOM32. Many thanks
As always Darren, you're the man ! Many thanks !
neavsie,

Your aircraft comes in from Cancun (TOM062/3).

Darren
Thanks for correcting me on the newest 787, TUIF, Darren.

I believe TUIE is still in the Asores waiting for a new engine. If only Thomson had bought Rolls Royce engines, they are so reliable!

So it looks like one flight at the weekend will be on the short haul 767.
Darren,I am going to Palma on TOM 1204 from Ncl on 26/08/14 I have booked seats 9E&F would you know if this has a window? If it hasn't would I be able to change my seat without any charge.Thanx
calabonagirl,

NCL-PMI-NCL (TOM1204/5) are operated by Boeing 737-800. Row's 9 and 11 don't have windows. Once you've chosen seats, they can't be changed.

Darren
Darren,
That is a shame (have booked same seats for return too!), just as well its just a short flight. Thank you for the prompt reply.CBG
They can be changed, just give the call centre a ring and someone should be able to help. You just can't do it online yourself.
Hi Calabonagirl,

As above post, you can change your seat numbers. I change mine about 3 weeks ago by phoning 0203 451 2695, ad there was no charge.
Thank you all for the info will ring them and get myself a window seat
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
calabonagirl,

NCL-PMI-NCL (TOM1204/5) are operated by Boeing 737-800. Row's 9 and 11 don't have windows. Once you've chosen seats, they can't be changed.

Darren

Are you sure? I accidentally booked row 9 last week, but changed it to row 6 yesterday online through My Booking.
LadyL 2013 I went on MY BOOKING and it wouldn't let me change it I thought it had, as I could pick different seats but couldn't go any further with it so a quick phone call to Thomson and got it sorted. Maybe you should double check, would hate you to be disappointed.
Dazbo, wondering if you could tell whether TOM062 is the dreamliner to Cancun tomorrow as you said this would be our flight on the Saturday when it returns. Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.