Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I presume that as you are going Thompson's Gold then you don't have children, if you get the chance, I'd be inclined to plump for the ses estaques in Santa Eulalia. Cala Llonga is a very family orientated resort with little in it and taxi ride from anything of interest and Es Cana is like a downmarket Blackpool. Santa Eulalia albeit quite family orientated has more sophistication to it and has one of the best marinas in the med.
Casperslides - just read your post and wonder what your interpretation of what "downmarket Blackpool" is :?: Off to Es Cana next week!
Thats the first time I have heard Es cana called a downmarket Blackpool.A fatuous comment if ever there was one.

Es Cana is a small resort mainly for families and is not what you would call sophisticated as its a purpose built holiday resort but is a pleasant place to holiday.

We are going again in August for the 4th time.I also love Santa Eulalia as well and find that you can enjoy both resorts as they are only 3 k apart.We often walk along the coastal path to each resort during the day.
My mam and dad have been to Marina Panorama in Es Cana for 5 years running now (twice last year) and are going again in August.

They love it, say the food in the hotel is fantastic and that it is a nice resort and the entertainment etc in the hotel is 1st class.

Blackpool isn't their scene either.
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really don't mind which hotel/resort we end up in - we could end up in any one of them as its allocation on arrival. I am sure that for one week - without the kids ;) we will enjoy ourselves regardless. I just wondered if anyone else had done the aoa with a Thomson Gold and where they ended up.

Thanks again. :D
Thats the first time I have heard Es cana called a downmarket Blackpool.A fatuous comment if ever there was one.

I don't think that my comment was fatuous at all, it was once a delightful little village but now it is crammed with British pubs and tatty souvenir shops. If quiz nights, egg & chips, karaoke and sky sports is your thing when on holiday then I am sure that it is a fine place.
Unfortunately, having been to Es Cana, I have to say I don't think Casperslides is too far out on the description.
I wonder when casperslides last visited Blackpool to compare it to Es cana.Blackpool is loud,brash,noisy,dirty,big and does not compare to Es cana - that is why I said it was a fatuous comment.

I first visited Es Cana is 1981 and first styaed there in 1990.I see hardly any change at all,The place has always had the British pubs ect - but never in the same number as other places I could mention. when compared to other resorts the place is just the same size as always.Yes it does have its share of British pubs and souvenir shops but why do you say these shops are tacky?They are of same type found in Santa Eulalia.

The general consensus from reading resort reviews is that most think it is too quiet,hardly the same as Blackpool.I would add that given the choice my wife and I would prefer Santa E but we chose Es Cana as we have teenagers and there is a bit more for them there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.