Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
hello,
dont know if this helps when we have gone with thomsons you get a sheet instore and then thomson send a booking conformation to your home address within 2 weeks, if i havent received it the shop just orders me a new one,
hope this helps
Have you had one of these? What sort of info does it provide?

many thanks
Ours just says that it is a customer information sheet and on the back says it is not a conformation of booking, so what is a confirmation of booking?

Thanks
You need to contact the agent who sold you the holiday.

fwh
Please also note that the terms- and conditions of booking as printed in the brochure you booked the holiday from (or the website if booked online) form part of this contract.

Mark :D
Thomsons have said that the only information they have sent out is the customer information sheet. They have said that this is not the confirmation of booking. Their Head office say that we have never been sent anything esle. We wonder if this is a breach of the Package regulations of 1992 that say that a contract should have been provided?

Have anyone else had a contract or confirmation of booking and what does it look like and say.
A booking confirmation issued by the tour operator shows the holiday details and confirms all the costings. It shows all the names of those booked under that booking reference. On the back or attached to it will be the tour operator's terms & conditions.

I'm looking at the T&C for a booking I made for a client recently. The wording at the top says "Your contract is made with....." giving the name of the tour operator, their ATOL number, their ABTA number and registered address.

The confirmation is your contract.
Is this the same as the Customer Information sheet we signed in the shop
Probably not - as it is sent by the Tour Operator not produced by the Travel Agent
please send me you email address and i will try to scan and send you copies of both for you, as i still have both of mine. if thats ok.
Is this in relation to the same post in the "Complaints" section?

Immediately after your holiday is booked, Thomsons will send out you confirmation of your holiday which details all the info that Diamond Olly has posted. It will also detail your cruise AND your itinerary. I know that for a fact as I have been on a Thomson cruise and received the said confirmation.

As I said in my reply to you in the complaints section, you really need to go back to the Travel Agent where you made the booking. They will definitely have a copy of the Thomson confirmation. I would demand to speak to the Manager so you can sort this out quickly if you are due to leave next month for your holiday.
Unfortunately the shop does not have any other information that they have sent to me. It is the same information that we have and also that they have supplied to their head office.

This is as follows:

The Heading states: Customer Information, it is on their headed paper.

It give the Supplier as XXXXX Cruise, Cruise*.

Flight details, (departures and arivals)

Accomodation (name of hotel and ships name)

Destination

Resort (stay and cruise)

Board

Nights

Type of room on ship

Other details include about flight meals, currency, Insurance, passport and visa requirements.

Travel Cost breakdown

Payment Details.

There is no mention anywhere of the itinery on the cruise. or its name E.g. Romance and Romans or Jewels of the Med etc. (The itinery's name depicts where the cruise will visit on it ports of call).

It also gives some written information relating to agreeing to the information on this receipt. It also give details about making sure we have insurance etc.

There is also a very important statement which reads "Please check these details and read the "important Customer Information" overleaf. This is not a confirmation of booking, all details on this receipt are subject to final confirmation by your travel supplier"

This to me indicates that this information acts as both receipt and contract. There is no paperwork that says this or anything else is the confirmation.

Please could I ask what the heading was on top of your booking confirmation and did it give full details of your itinery. Was this sent by your travel agent or sent by them.

I am sorry to be so rude, but as we have nothing to compare anything to we are struggling.

Many thanks
Jurkow, I no longer have mine as my cruise was last year, however it definitely had the name of the cruise and the itinerary. What you have sounds like what you got at the time of booking. I presume you made the booking in a Thomson shop.

As others have said, the booking confirmation is usually sent out a couple of weeks after you made the booking. It is now printed up my the TAs, and it is on this document that confirms your booking. It is issued by Thomsons being the Tour Operator, and is sent out by your Travel Agent.
It looks like there is nothing else we can do at the moment. As far as we are concerned we only got the Customer Information Sheet. There is no paperwork that gives the name of the itinery. Therefore, we have never had it confirmed in writing.

I have put all this to their Head Office and are waiting for their reply. We have used the Package Holiday details of 1992 to try to clarrify what we should have been sent and hope they can sort it out.
hello Jurkow,
hope you got my pm for you.
which travel agent did you use?
i booked with a thomson shop and got a sheet with all the details on with their address on the top left hand side.
then 4 weeks later a got one from thomsons head office confirming my booking.( 4 pages long)
the one from the shop had the full reverse page (1 sheet)full of infomation,
the one from thomson had a small section.
i didnt receive the first copy sent to me so the thomson shop just reissued me another one.
my advice would be to go into the shop and tell them you havnt received any paperwork from thomsons and could they please reissue one for you.(i told them i would pick it up from the shop) dont leave it and hope for the best. also a always take the book in which the holiday is in, backup i suppose.
good luck.
Jurkow, I have a contact for a senior Customer Service Executive at Thomsons if you need to push this forward. They can take up to 28 days to respond and as you are travelling soon you will need to sort this out quickly. Let me know if you want me to pass on this email address.
It sounds to me like the problem is more with the agent than the tour operator. You might also like to try the consortia head office of the agent. ABTA if they belong to ABTA, not all agents do.
Each time I have booked a holiday, I have used Thomson. I book with the Thomson TA in town, they give me a receipt of the booking and I usually receive the confirmation and details from Thomson head office within 2-3 weeks of the booking and deposit being paid.

Have you heard anything from them yet and if so, have you resolved the problems?

Sarah
The Cruise side of the holiday sent our holiday invoice to the shop who did not post it on to us. This invoice contained the holiday in all its setails including all the holiday itinarary.

If they had sent this within the first two weeks as they should have done, we would have been able to check the details and have the mistake resolved straight away.

Today they have give me the the following.

Two cabins on ship instead of one, not garanteed to be together
Change of hotel
Two room is hotel instead of one family one, not garanteed to be together
I have to pay £80 because we need to rooms and there is a supplement.

Our children are quite young and do not want to have to be split up from each other. My husband and I do not want to have to split up either. We do not see each other all week and by going on holiday as a family it is the only two weeks we spend together properly.

Throughout our complaint we have been offered various solutions but we are constantly having to compromise.

Due to the fact that they did not send us the information soon enough, we have left changing so late, thus meaning that we have missed anything being available. All the time they are delaying getting back to us has meant that rooms are no longer available etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.