Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Thomas Cook also do this on their Turkey flights.
They tell passengers that there is no water available in the airport and they will be transported on coaches with no air conditioning!
I challenged the steward who gave this announcement and told him water was available on the transfer coach,2 bottles for £1 and the air conditioning is switched on when the coach starts moving.
I think its time this practice was stopped. :que
Hiya,
I'd just like to play devils advocate here... what if you did get on a coach with no air co,nditioning, and the airport didnt indeed have the facilities to purchase water? The complaints would then be that the crew didnt tell you this?
Please remember there will always be someone who needs water, and wont think to ask on the aircraft as they may have been asleep during drinks service, or a number of reasons, including long transfers in hire cars etc, we are merely just giving the passengers their final chance to purchase bottled water (english bottled water at that, an astonishing amount of people wont drink the local water for unknown reasons), its also great for the children you have in the party, people like to give young children water that they are familiar with.
hi ...from what Ive heard about the turkish ingenuity of making extra cash....if it was the case that no water available for holiday makers between the airport and the hotel....a few holiday makers making a complaint....and were not usually quiet about it....would soon reach a pair of turkish ears....and they would take up the oppertunity to supply for profit what was needed ....and water is not a complex product to supply.............the reps or the drivers on the coach transfer seem to have done just that...

The egyptians are also clever when it comes to filling a need and making it pay too

If for some reason there was no bottled water for sale at the airport....then the truth of the matter should be told ie

for thomas cook turkey

water was available on the transfer coach,2 bottles for £1 and the air conditioning is switched on when the coach starts moving.
.....but advise those using private transport they may like to purchase some water before touch down

But they should not mislead passengers about the conditions expected on arrival just to sell water ...as our poster said happened on the thomson flight to egypt
[quoteHiya,
I'd just like to play devils advocate here... what if you did get on a coach with no air co,nditioning, and the airport didnt indeed have the facilities to purchase water? The complaints would then be that the crew didnt tell you this?
Please remember there will always be someone who needs water, and wont think to ask on the aircraft as they may have been asleep during drinks service, or a number of reasons, including long transfers in hire cars etc, we are merely just giving the passengers their final chance to purchase bottled water (english bottled water at that, an astonishing amount of people wont drink the local water for unknown reasons), its also great for the children you have in the party, people like to give young children water that they are familiar with]

So how about just asking if anybody would like to purchase any water? Instead of the talk of none available at the airport or coaches with no air con?(unless you're sure it's true) Just say 'who'd like some water'!
:think I was on a flight one time cant remember where too and there was a huge big bottle of water and cups for anyone who wanted a drink to just go and take one has anyone else ever seen this colleen ..
I've seen it on but it was Norwegian trains!
I was on a flight one time cant remember where too and there was a huge big bottle of water and cups for anyone who wanted a drink to just go and take one has anyone else ever seen this colleen ..

Interesting though,t but there is another thread on HT about the constant treks some people make to the toilet. Could see this making things much worse.

OK the temperature tale was not true, but I can also imagine all the tales of woe we would hear if people found there was no water available in the airport. Everyone should be aware by now that the "trolley dollies" are there to sell things.

fwh
Everyone should be aware by now that the "trolley dollies" are there to sell things.

Just like in any other profession, fwh. I am sure you like to make a living too? I find your comment slightly offensive.
It was always standard practice on Cubana flights - in fact if you requested a full 2 litre bottle on the grounds that 'It will save me having to bother you later' you always got. A friend used to use the same tactic to obtain a '4 pack' of beers witht he same success rate!

SM
I find your comment slightly offensive.

The truth is often uncomfortable but I fail to see how a statement of fact can be offensive. A typical holiday/charter flight, once airborne, consists of them selling you a drink, serving a meal and then selling the usual perfume etc. By the time they have done that it is time to fasten your seat belt for landing.

fwh
but they are also responsible for passengers welfare, if medical assistance is required for example. don't they undergo a fair bit of training in case they have to deal with emergency situations.
i think the water/drinks are overpriced , but obviously that is to create profit for the airline to supplement their wages, but isn't that the same in any business?

i know their job is in the service sector, because that is mainly what they do "serve" and "sell" , but i think the slang description of their job is unfair, but people who work in service jobs seem to attract these sort of remarks as if other jobs are more superior for some strange reason.
You can hardly just walk into a job as a flight attendant. It's not quite the same as a shop assistant or waitress, which is what is being implied.
i believe the term "trolley dolly" is a term of endearment that is used, predominantly in forums, to describe cabin crew.
i personally would never use that term to their face in case it did cause offence;and in any event doing or saying anything on an aircraft to crew that they think is offensive could be enough to get you thrown off the flight.
the job of cabin crew is to primarily ensure the safety of the passengers ( or self loading freight as they are occasionally jokingly referred to), crew and aircraft, and secondly to distribute/sell food and drink to passengers and crew.
plenty airlines use the time you are captured in the steel tube to sell you things -ryanairs scratch cards etc - that you can choose to buy.
however, if the crew are deliberately telling porkies/scare stories about water/aircon in order to boost sales then that is seriously out of order, and a report to Trading Standards may be the correct option
passengers ( or self loading freight as they are occasionally jokingly referred to)

In which case they can like trolley dolly or lump it!

Peter
we are merely just giving the passengers their final chance to purchase bottled water (english bottled water at that, an astonishing amount of people wont drink the local water for unknown reasons),
In that case Butterchickengirl I hope you're able to sell them enough to last one or two weeks, or they're going to be mighty thirsty by the end of their holiday! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.