UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Thorpe Park
12 Posts
Be a bit more specific and give dates and then we may be able to help more,when I took my son and his mate,both aged 15 we stayed as part of a package and got 2xrooms,breakfasts and 2 day passes for 4 adults for about £300,it would probably be better for you to go in a travelodge,3 maybe 4 to a room if you can find a good deal,if not maybe a caravan park nearby?,2 vans for the weekend,post more details and see what people suggest,T.
thanks Oscarben, I was a little brief wasn't I lol

We have five two for one tickets so we want to go to Thorpe Park on friday 18th June & return on Sunday the 20th. I'm not sure how we are going to get there either yet as we have no transport. Honestly, its all up in the air at the minute :(

National rail is a cheap coach trip from Huddersfield to central London they have quoted me 25.00 return for adults & 15.00 each for children. I don't know how far out Thorpe Park is as I've never been before. If we get the train I don't know which station to head for or the cost yet. Would it be cheaper to get into central London then travel to Thorpe Park for the day on the Saturday?

This has to be done as cheaply as I can though.

Our plans currently is that we set off from Huddersfield on Fri 18th, stay overnight somewhere then go to the theme park all day sat, stay over again that night & head home on Sunday.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated please. Again, we have never been to London before so I'm loosing this battle at the minute :(
just to say as well that it will take about eight hours if we get a coach as to just over 4 hrs on trains.(three different trains!!)

Just had a quote for 550.00 for a mini bus (12 seater ) to take us there & back which is outragous!! :really

This is why I need some friendly advice!! Travelodge or premier in will be ok if I can get to them is they are close? I just dont want to be paying out for loads of taxi fares when we get there. Surely apart from saying we can't go that there must be an easy way to organise this??
You're very ambitious,possibly a bit mad to try and organise all that,we just drove from Norwich to the hotel,stayed overnight and went to Thorpe park the next day,back to the hotel that night and repeated again the next day,food in Thorpe Park was expensive too.Unless someone comes up with some really good ideas for travel the whole weekend is going to cost an absolute bomb,could you not sell the tickets and take them all somewhere more local,sorry but with my lack of geography I have no idea where might be closer.Hope somebody can help you out,afraid I'm not much use,good luck,T.
thanks for replying back. Blackpool is closest to us however we've been there so many times & Alton Towers. Its my birthday too so we thought it would be nice to go somewhere different. My daughter had set her heart on this now so there's no way I can change my mind without upsetting her!! My big mouth with promises has come to haunt me!!!!

thanks anyway
Do you know anybody who could drive you there in a hired mini bus,it would possibly be cheaper to pay for another person and do it all in one very long day or possibly one overnight stay,do you have to take so many,it would perhaps cut the cost a bit,8x15 yr olds will be a nightmare to feed for 2 days,we spent a fortune and there were only 4 of us and we took all our own drinks and snacks in the car.T.
Just an update if anyone else is trying to organise a trip like this!!

I've found a fantastic sight that has saved me 100's!! Martin Lewis moneysavingexpert.com

As you know I have already got the 2 for 1 tickets to enter Thorpe Park but I wanted to see if it would be cheaper to buy tickets & accomodation together first.

No is the answer to that!! Although it would if I hadnt got 2 for 1 tickets. There is an offer on at the minute at thorpebreaks.co.uk 2 for 99.00 including 2 day pass with accomodation.

there are also package deals at play & stay, superbreak & holidayextras.

Anyway, going back to this fab website, I've booked into a Holiday Inn that doing an offer for 2 nights for the price of one which is not far from the park in Sheperton.
I have saved loads as well on a family railcard (which was also cheap on this website) that has saved me loads on train fares.

Please try and check this site out for discounts for any savings whether its for holidays to shopping to finance!!

Good luck everyone & thanks to everyone who have helped me above, happy holidays!!

Just need some garuanteed sunshine now!!

*in edit to change my spelling mistakes :duh
Hi.I'm impressed that you've got it sorted,I couldn't see how you were going to be able to organise it all,are you still taking all your daughter's friends? it must be costing you a bomb!!
yes, There's me & my friend going with 6 14-15yr olds!!!

got three rooms for two nights for 207.00

The family railcard normally 26.00 I've got for 19.50 (which lasts a full year). This entitles 2x adults to a third off your train tickets & 60% off 4 childrens tickets!!

I've also told the kids parents that they have to pay 18.00 for the entrance fee as this is still saving them as I have the 2 for 1 tickets. Also told them they need to take their own spending money for meals etc!!

method in my maddness!!

* another edit to suggest going in the forum on moneysavingexpert.com where you can get loads more savings & advice
I thought you were paying for everything,food in Thorpe Park was expensive and the portions were small,we paid quite a bit for a meal for 4 from a fish and chip place in there and it was tiny,tell the girls to bring drinks and snacks for both days you 're away ,we took squash and made bottles to take,flask and filled with hot water in our room then took 3 in 1 coffee sachets with us,it saved a fortune.T.
I was going to pay for everything but just can't afford it!! I will take plenty of drinks & food for us all though
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.