Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Anyone...?
I can't seem to find much info out about the area.
cant tell you a lot but here goes,

when i was last in that village it was a small traditional village,then the developers moved in and shoved up loads of concrete monstrosities around the area and sold them to the foreigner's, so i don't know if the village still has the tradition feel, you wont find any holiday info as this is NOT a resort

location Loipetri is 4 km north of the main A3 between Larnaka and Agia Napa [what use to be the middle of nowhere] the nearest sea is at cape Pyla [you will be hard pushed to find info on this] . by road you will be approx 14km from Agia Nappa 20km from Protaras/Pernera [across country] about 30 km from Lanaca and the airport there

yasus
wizard
Wizard is right, Liopetri is not a holiday resort, its a more residential village. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it depends what you want. I am currently writing this sat on my balcony in another of the "red soil villages", Deryneia, which is not too far from Liopetri. I will add that this is entirely out of choice ;)
There isn't much to do in the way of "holiday stuff", apart from the beach at Potamos Liopetriou (couple of tavernas, including one on the beach) but what you won't get in the way of touristy things, you will make up for in the traditional things, like proper tavernas and proper Greek traditional food (and at "proper" prices).

As you say, you will have a car (like we do) and be able to drop into the tourist areas at will. The big difference is that you will be able to go home to some peace and quiet (bar the mopeds and cockerels lol) in the evenings.

There will be small supermarkets locally, but for the larger ones you will have to travel. Realistically, the closest are probably in Paralimni, although Litsas in Vrysoulles is another option.

You don't say where your relatives are living, but I am sure they can point you in the right direction :)
Hope this helps :)
Hi Tracey
We have an apartment in Liopetri and we just love it. As Pubdog has said, it is nice to be able to leave the tourist areas behind and retreat to the 'red soil villages' where the food is wonderful and reasonably priced. Ayia Napa is about a 10 minute drive away and Protaras about 15 minutes. The nearest sandy beach is at Ayia Thekla which is just under 10 minutes away. You definitely need a car to get around as there are no buses (none that I've seen in 3 years anyway!). Unfortunately I don't have the facility to PM you as I would send you a copy of the information we leave in our apartment for renters which contains a lot of information about the immediate area such as restaurants and supermarkets. There are a couple of nice restaurants in Liopetri, Feggarognema and Arhontiko which both serve fab food. There is also a bakery in Liopetri and a couple in the nearby village of Frenaros.

Please let me know if you want any more information. And have a fab holiday! We are off there ourselves in 9 sleeps... :clap

Rachel
rachel

i will send you a blank pm.. to can click reply and send the info to me an i will send it on for you

wizard
Hi Wizard
Have tried to reply to you but the reply is just sitting in my outbox. Can I just reply to your Outlook admin address as the information I have is a Word document?

Rachel
Rachel it will sit in your outbox until Wizard collects it.

Sarah
mail still sitting in out box awaiting Tracy to read

yasus

wizard
Thank you all so much.
We have only had to pay for our flights, so it isn't like we have paid a fortune for a holiday villa and were panicking, but we were just a little interested as to what was actually around the local area. I think it will be ideal to be honest, quieter and out of the way, but close enough for wonderful beaches and the noise when we want it. I like the sound of those bakeries!!! Yum!
Going to organise ourselves a car now, sort travel insurance and we are set!
Thank you again, I now feel like I know where things are. :)
You're welcome Tracy. Not sure if you've sorted out car hire yet, try Economy Car Rentals, they are usually very reasonable and include additional driver for no extra cost.

Let us know how you enjoy it!
Try Sotira the next village to Liopetri only a couple of kilometres from where you are,there are 5 restaurants, Ploumin, Taverna Musica, Kalameras, Costas Square Taverna, Simos Cafe bar and the very posh Vasilikos which is featured in the Cyprus gourmet , for extra special occasions.

Our favourite is Simos cafe bar, where you definatley get the taste of village life . They are all good and worth a visit.

In Sotira you will find the Coop supermarket, although like Ady said the larger ones in Paralimni for the big shop , also Pharmacy, banks, Bakers, and some shops and boutiques, there is also a museum in Sotira .

We love our red soil village and have been made very welcome by the villagers. For a change we can drive to any of the resorts but in all honesty these trips have become less frequent for us now, as we get to know the villages, I have also been told the Football club in Frenaros is worth a visit and good value for drinks and meals, there is nothing better than exploring the villages in the area and stopping off for some real Cypriot culture and food at reasonable prices.

I am sure you will enjoy the different style of holiday, we just got back , our daughter and her husband is there for nearly 4 weeks with the kids they love it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.