Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Both countries are on daylight savings time at the moment so difference remains at 6 hours.
Thanks Cynical I am glad it is 6 not 7 but that does mean there is definintely something wrong with my tickets unless for some reason we have got a 12 and 1/2 hour flight :shock: Will have to contact the travel agent but thanks for clearing the time difference up for me :wink:
Dawnlee,

It depends when you're flying. I was over in Puerto Vallarta in March and they didn't put there clocks forward while 1st April, a week after we did. That made it a 7 hour time difference when we flew home. At the moment, its a 6 hour time difference.

Darren
Hi Dawnlee. Where are you flying from. Last year the flight from Cardiff landed in Dublin to pick up passengers ant this added 90 minutes to the flying time.
Hi :wave

It also makes a difference which part of Mexico you are in, for instance Neuvo Vallarta operates on Mountain Standard Time all year long while Puerto Vallarta which is just a few minutes down the road operates on Central Standard Time all year long and there is an hours difference between the two.
Kiltman-Graham,

True, but for simplicity, don't both resorts stick to the same time? Jalisco state and Niyarit have the 1 hour time difference but when I was in PVR, Neuvo used the same time as we did otherwise people would be turning up for excursions at all sorts of times! That might not exlain the difference anyway. Regardless of whether you're staying in PVR or Neuvo, you'd be flying to / from PVR. Huatulco is -6hrs as well.

Darren
Hi

Thanks for all your replies. Our resort is Playa del carmen and we are flying from Manchester.
Hi Darren

No I don't think so, it appears that they both use different times :?:
The hotel we were in was in PVR and a couple were getting married at the hotel however the brides parents were stating in Neuvo Vallarta and believe it or not they missed the wedding ceremony because of the time difference :oops:
Kiltman-Graham,

That's exactly the reason why I thought they used the same time even though they are through the time zone. They must have been gutted to miss the wedding after all that travelling. The reason I thought that is because Vallarta Adventures who I was diving with have the dive boat based at Neuvo Vallarta Marina and it left there at 0830 each morning to pick us up at Marina Vallarta for 0900. There was no mention of the time difference and all their excursions were based on central time. Most of the other excursions I went on all said the same, for practical reasons in the tourist areas, they stick to one time zone.

Dawnlee is going to Playa del Carmen in any case so its irrelevant really!!

Darren
Hiya

It was a 7 hour time difference when we went to Playacar last year- took us a good few days to adjust, although the kids managed no problem!!

Pam :D
just got back from Playacar, Playa del Carmen and the difference is six hours, strange at first, takes a couple of days to adjust, just make sure you go to bed as late as you can Mexico time on your first couple of days, ie, we arrived in Cancun airport at 8.30pm british time, turned our watches back to 2.30pm Mexico time, so we stayed up till 11.30pm Mexico time, we were shattered but we slept through till 9am Mexico time the following day and started adjusting from then on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.