Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Time share lies
8 Posts
Time share touts (gits) are the one thing that really spoills Tenerife, if they were such a good thing we would all have them and those rodents would not be tormenting people.
Read all about the timeshare scams here.

http://www.crimeshare.net/index.html

Cheers Dave
You may be interested in this one too.
A couple staying in our hotel were befriended by a couple in a bar on the sea front in Fanabe. They just got chatting,buying drinks between themselves for a couple of hours. Our friends thought what a lovely couple and were very surprised when they suggested they visit their apartment nearby. They took them by car and whilst looking at the apartment they were told what a bargain it was and the show apartment was available to look round.
At this point they cottoned on to what was happening and left poste haste.

8) The Toonman
to get rid of the timeshare touts we just told them we had a council house, they soon leave you alone as you don't have collaterol.
or...this also works for me

I'm not a home owner, I don't have a partner and i'm here on holiday with my probation officer :) :)
My usual technique is to just totally blank them even if they walk alongside me for a little while. Once, in LA, a particularly persistent charmer kept walking alongside me while trying to guess my nationality. After getting no response, and as he was running out of nationalities, I turned to him with a straight face and said 'Martian!. :lol: He looked at me for a split second and said Weirdo! and walked off. It brightened my day up no end.

Please do not circumvent the swear filter in this way!! allmen
Sorry, I didn't realize there was a swear filter, I was just trying to relay what was said to me as politely as possible!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.