Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
re
When I have been confronted by these low lifes in other countries,I either tellthem i'm a recently bankrupt trader or that i'm currently the subject of a British police investigation and could be facing 7 years inside upin my return to UK.This normally works as they tend to leave me alone knowing that I couldnt be credit worthy.One thing you must never do is to give or show these sales touts your passports.In Majorca 3 years ago a couple were taken to their hotel and their passports were taken as "security",the couple couldnt get the passports returned until they had signed a declaration of sale which stated there was no cooling off period.
I agree - "Sorry mate I cant get credit due to my CCJs"

Works everytime and its not worth them trying to push it in case you do...for them there are plenty more fish in the sea.
weve came across touts like this last may when we married in cyprus...my new hubby just said to them were on honey-moon and we need to get back to the appartment for some passion..you should seen there faces :lol: ..this year when asked if he was english he just said no im from manchester and walked away... 8)
I've never seen any at all in Protaras, I have in Spain previously but not here.
i was lucky last year only one approached me "are you English " he said, i replied "of course isn't everyone in Pafos at this time of year" and carried on walking, i think it took a while before it sank in what i said, as i was some distance away when heed the abusive response
Hi Popsy,

> For those that don't know, the touts seem to be exclusively British.

Unfortunately, there are a number of these scum operating in the tourist areas, but the police seem to nothing about them.

> If someone has a solution, could I ask them to post it for the benefit of others

Perhaps a kick in the groin or a few words of abuse. :wink:

Regards,
We have just got back from Limassol last Saturday.We were approached 3 times in the space of 30 minutes in 1 day that was the only time in 2 weeks, every time they spoke to me I just said 2 words and carried on walking they soon got the message. The 2 words were NOT INTERESTED
O.M.G. just had to shut my eyes for a second in case those 2 words were rude.. :lol:
I must be really lucky as I've not once been approached by them :?

Maybe I look like a criminal :lol: .........or could it be the wheelchair :wink:

Helenxx
Just back from paphos the touts made our life a misery the stretch outside our hoel was plagued by yhem,in the end i lost my temper and told them they were ruining my holiday!that stopped them for that day,
Oh this is sad to hear.

I have been approached by them once when there, but they took a no thank you and cleared off.

U truly hope I am not plagued by them when I get there.....I will be really annoyed.

Kath HT Admin
The joys of holidaying it away hey. Tooters are part of the package.

We got collared by them last year in Protaras. Using the free scratch card game to win a prize. Guess what we did :? :roll: Then they just wanted us to get in a taxi with them there and then and go off to a hotel in famagusta so We could claim our free holiday :roll:
As If :(
Hi all. Oh dear I must admit we were collared by them last year and it was my fault we spent the best part of a morning trying to tell them that we did not want what they had to sell. :yuck
The chap who spoke to us first wasn't too bad but when my husband asked for any written information we could take away, the chap that came over was a right :swear !!(nasty man) :evil:
In the end they realised we didn't want to do any deal and wanted us to go but Karl told them to go and get us the bottle of wine they had promised us which didn't go down well. The wine was awful !!!
Don't anyone go near them
Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
hi all, we found protarus wonderfully devoid of all this sort of carry on compared to tenerife where we'd be going for years. in tenerife they had pub reps,restaurant reps, timeshare or holiday club reps. it got on the verge of ridiculous at times. they even had "find the lady" type games with actors playing holidaymakers whooping and cheering as soon as you came near to entice you to find out what was going on only to be creamed of 100 euros if you were taken in by it all. looky looky men every 10 minutes even when eating, chinese flower sellers, pickpockets and the worse, kids being hung out of car windows ready to snatch your bag whilst crossing the road. apart from all this we still had a great time! it will be a shame if cyprus goes the same way, i'm sure it won't
I've come across them in Paphos, told them I lived in Tala and it worked most times.

As they pick on couples can I suggest "I'm sorry my wife/husband (delete as applciable) would not like me buying something without her/his permission. Oh, this is my lover, the wife's at home."
never came across one in Protaras :D
:rage

im guessing shooting isnt legal in cypus either then!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.