Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Tit For Tat
4 Posts
Saw that on GMTV this morning Gramps and youre probably right - it will mean only one entry to India with the 3 month Visa.
Tourism and Goa will suffer. People will more than likely only go for one winter holiday as opposed to two and others who stay the whole winter might only stay for three months.
Last year when the British Government put up the price of visas for Indian nationals, I fully expexted India to do the same for us, but they did not. Perhaps then they will resist the temptation this time as well. They are putting a lot in to the Commonwealth Games in 2010 so hopefully this will make them think twice. The thought of going to the Consulate in Edinburgh more than once a year makes me shudder!
They have already started issueing 3 month visas to tourists this year. While I was in Goa a few weeks ago a friend said his brother had been issued with a 3 month visa for his holiday in Jan/Feb 2008.

Lots of my friends are out there for 4 to 6 months , they won't be happy when I email them with this news.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.