Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi lassigirl
Have done just that. I go out with a small rucksack containing just a few clothes and straighteners and a couple of books, and pack second rucksack (in my rucksack) for return. I find I can buy most toiletries out there, plus extra sandals, sarongs, clothing etc. if I want them. If I'm overloaded on return, I leave a few items, including all the toiletries. Only problem I have is the books - I need loads and I exchange them in Calangute. It can be done.
..... :yikes I'd love to Lassi but i cant!! whenever we go off backpacking I take almost all of my baggage allowance (usually 15-18kg), I'm usually sorry 3 weeks into the trip mind you when I've got deep dents in my shoulders from the straps. But No I couldn't travel with just carry on allowance....wish i could. You'll have to let us know how you get on....maybe we could all sponsor you to do it and give the money to Rob at CWT :rofl
GFF xx
:rofl
The only good thing with BA is there is no weight for inflight bags now- you just have to be able to lift it unaided into the overhead storage. Believe me, from now on I will making the most use of the inflight allowance
I am with GFF on this one, as much as I would like to travel with just hand luggage, I couldnt. When I go on holiday I pack everything but the kitchen sink :yikes
Easy Jet are the same there is no weight restriction on the hand luggage as long as it fits in the overhead lockers then its ok.
Yes my friend does this (male) on the Emirates flight from Glasgow-Dubai-Mumbai. He maintains it's the only way to go to Goa. I think the hand luggage has a good weight restriction with Emirates.

Having just hand luggage cuts down waiting time. I'm going to try it next time I go.
I take my toothbrush; flip flops; a pair of shorts; and a couple of T shirts in my hand luggage every time just in case.

I've also travelled outward with just hand luggage and back with hold luggage twice now. Once to Goa and once to Majorca.

Didn't have a problem on the way out but both times I was stopped and had my bags searched on the way back. Might be purely coincidental but my guess would be that I flagged up on some security system.

Anyway it's not a problem but you might find you get stopped on the way back.
Wish I could travel with just hand luggage. I struggle not be be over weight on my suitcase and flying charter they often weigh your hand luggage. But hey if you can do it good on you it sounds ideal and I am sure it would be my husbands preference as he ends up carrying the cases
Thanks everyone for your tips , I was going to use the largest trolly type case allowed on board, and a big handbag !. Seems the main problem would be weight, the airlne I use only allows 6Kg, but have never had hand luggage weighed up to now.That was an interesting point Fritz, could it be that taking out an empty bag and returning with it full could be considered suspicious .
When do Easy-Jet start flights to Goa Gemma
ps-- If I do try it , it won't be until Nov
x lassi
Unfortunately, no Easy Jets flights to Goa :cry but we use them (sometimes) internally to get from Glasgow to Gatwick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.