General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It's got to be waxing. :)

If you go regularly it really doesn't hurt after a few times (honestly!) but you need to have it done at least 48 hours before you're going to hit the sun!
Juby
Oh how your post made me laugh -it's the same dilemna for me every year. Have got to say that after a couple of DIY disasters,(ouch) I would definitely say go and get a wax done by a professional a couple of days before you go! Those hair removing creams never get rid of everything and the regrowth, like shaving, starts really quickly I've found. Some beauty salons do special packages for the holidays and I think the convenience of not having to shave every day or so has got to be worth the extra money. Our local college are always looking for models for the girls studying beauty therapy to practice on and it doesn't cost much at all there (don't worry they do get supervised!) so that might be worth looking into as a cheaper alternative to salon prices. Oh the things a girls gotta do all in the name of beauty !!
That's a good suggestion about the college. My daughter's best friend is now in her second year of a beauty therapy course and they're always looking for "guinea pigs". As said, the students are supervised, so you'll be in safe hands. She now has her own professional waxing kit and does waxes for family and friends.
Think I might take the plunge and have underarms waxed before my summer hol. So far, I've only been brave enough for eyebrow waxes. I had one yesterday in preparation for my Easter getaway. Was talking to the beautician there and she's more or less persuaded me. Don't mind shaving my legs every few days. I'd love a bikini wax but I'm sure it must hurt :duh I'll do my underarms first and take it from there I think.
Shirley
Not going to lie, it can be a bit painful, but as the saying goes - no pain, no gain!! :) Let us know how you get on!
:(

Wax is better, but Shirley i will tell you that i found the underarms more painful than the bikini, But still worth having done and everyone different any way, Just lye back and think off being hair free for your hols and that warm sunshine :cheers

Pip
Girls, girls, girls.

DIY

All you need is a spatula and some no-nails!!! :tup
think you should open a beauty salon chivas... ;)

personally i find that i just cannot use razors on holiday, not even my fella's smooth as a baby's bum mach 3 super charged meaga turbo booster or whatever you call them.

i get such sore skin on the beach when i use them, the salt in the sea really stings and all my pores open up and go red, and then once the sand enters the mix, it's terrible. i have tried that hair remover by veet that sticks to your legs as you shower, it's called ''in shower'' which is better than the basic ones that come in the tooth paste type tube but the regrowth is still pretty much as quick as razors. i am umming and arring over getting waxed as my next hol is my honeymoon so it would be nice, but my sister had her under arms done last year before her holiday, and they actually bled :cry it was her usual beauty therapist that did it who does a full leg wax on her and she did warn that it is ''pain like no other'' but my sis went ahead anyway...suffice to say she will never do it again, i do think though that is depends on your skin type and what happens to one person might not be the same as the next. other than that all i can suggest is that we adopt the more ''european'' approach and embrace the gerbil wedged under the armpit look...perhaps not :think x
Oh no!! The "european" approach is just too much to contemplate - even worse that Chivas beauty salon!! I get everything done and haven't bled, however my daughters underarms bled a bit the first time. But the results are just so worth a few minutes of pain - no shadow or anything for ages!! I think as long as you keep up the waxing ,it weakens the hair a bit and gets less painful the more you have it done -at least that's what I have found.
...and another thing,
Never ever use your blokes razor!!! You don't even tell us do you! You just think you can use it 'the once' and we'll never know!
We just shave next day as normal thinking the maids have been peeling potatoes with it! We end up looking like Edward Scissorhands has been at us!
I would definately agree with going to a college salon if you have one near you. One of the benefits is they tend to be very thorough as they want to do the best job possible. A salon therapist will be understandably looking at time equals money so will do it as quick as possible. You may find for the same price as salon waxing you can have wax, pedicure and manicure at a college salon.

hugs la x
Chivas :rofl I thought it was just my hubby that had a sixth sense when his razor had been 'borrowed'!! Surely we don't blunt them that much?? It's just they are so much better than ours- Hubby even bought me a new 'ladies' super duper razor, but his is still much better so it makes sense to use it!!

Pam :cheers
Hubby says exactly the same - goes ape at the mention of borrowing his razor. I had my legs waxed 2 years ago and for 3 days I looked like I had measles - never again - and as for underarm or bikini line :cry forget it. I don't have any problem shaving underarms, & its a cream job for the bikini line - bit stinky! but it works for me :rofl
Just a warning re colleges, I used our local one a couple of years ago. It took over 4 hours just to do a leg wax.! The student wasn't very good at all (yes! I know they all have to start somewhere) but her supervisor was even worse - she took over, as it was now the end of the day and everyone else had gone home. I ended up with the largest bruises EVER - truely horrendous! Needless to say I didn't pay......
Never again! I always use a proper salon now!

Denny
but his is still much better so it makes sense to use it!!

erm no.
It actually makes more sense for you to buy your OWN manly razor!!! :)
its a cream job for the bikini line - bit stinky!

:zip

Robby :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.