Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
You are advised not to throw paper down the loos in most of Greece. Don't let it put you off your holiday though :)
thanks no i won't ill just make sure its not my time of month when I go lol
Too much information :yikes

but have a great holiday anyway
it does say you shouldnt flush paper but we did last year and it seemed fine :)
Please don't flush paper, people! The pipework for the plumbing systems isn't the same as in the UK. Having spent a lot of a week in Greece with an overflowing toilet, I would say just use the bin. The problem with the loo in question was down to paper, etc., the plumber who eventually came out said. This was due to people in another apartment not using the bin provided as requested, and it's no way to spend your holiday.
in Greece and i include Cyprus in this, the general rule is NO paper,disposable nappies and female requisites should be put down the loo

HOWEVER some newer hotels have holding tanks and masorators [huge blenders] which pulp every thing before discharging to the drain,
SO the rule of thumb is if the bathroom has a fly bin then use it and do not flush paper etc
yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.