Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Emma,
Just came back on Sunday after first time to PEK.Dont worry about anything as it is a very nice place.We stayed at the Maharba Palace so i cant give you any information about your hotel,but i can tell you that they use the 2pin plugs.The money is very easy to get the hang of as you just half the amount of dinars to convert to £s,so 20 dinars is £10,10 dinars is £5 etc.Although this is not exact,is is near enough.We had hair dryers in our hotel,so i think most of the others will.I Was a bit worried about the hassle we might get after reading some of the posts,but we never had any bother.They would ask if you wanted to buy anything from their shop or stall,but a polite no thank you was all we said,and that was it.Weather was a bit hitty missy some days,but for at least 11 of our 14 days was really very hot,and i would advise you to get some high factor sun cream for the first few days.Have a great holiday.
Kev.
Hi Emma,
Forgot to say,its ok to give £s as tips,but you can exchange your money in the airport when you land,and you get just the same rates here as anywhere as it is fixed .1 dinar is usually the norm,which is about 50p but its a lot to them as they are on very poor wages compared to ours.Cant see any problems taking son abroad,as long as his passport is up to date nobody is going to know or probably care if you are divorced. ExHusband would have to be holding a very big grudge i would think,to stop you taking son on holiday.
Kev.
Hi Emma

Yes there are hairdryers in the rooms at the Abou Sofiane, you will find plenty of info on the hotel in this dedicated topic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=119593

Have a great time

Graham :tup
Hi Emma
Firstly, hope you have a great holiday.
I have the same concerns as you. Am going alone with my 2 children to PEK in August. Hope you don't have any problems, keep me posted please.
Lisa
Hia Emma, I may be a bit late in posting as you may already be on your way :sun2
Yes, its fine to tip pound coin (s) as gulliver has already said.
I personally changed our money at the hotel, as kiosk at the airport to change money over was jampacked.
I have taken my son twice to Tunisia on our own and never had no problems, with travelling alone with him, and no questions were asked, re his dads permission.
You will be asked to fill out a form either on the plane or at the aiport in Tunisia, with basic details.
Money is easy to work out, as again gulliver has said :) And lastly a polite no thank you if you feel you are getting pressured.
Hope you both have a fantastic time, happy holidays to you and son :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.