Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The Playamar is a quiet area, and your teenagers will be bored stiff. Frequent buses to the town centre but there isn`t much for teens there either. I think Fuengirola or Benalmadena would be the best bet.
I am a bit confused - I thought in order from Malaga is Torremolinos, then Benalmadena (in between them) and then Fuengirola so where is the Playamar area? Probably been there before but didn't know the name so hope you can help, Mick.
Thanks
Playamar is an area/district of Torremolinos, same as La Carihuela is a district of Torremolinos.
Torremolinos used to be in the Malaga boundary, but when it was seperated the boundary goes as follows...
Starting at Playa Los Alamos
Playa de Playamar (the Hotel Sol Principe is situated in Playamar)
Playa del Bajondillo
Around the headland and into ..
Playa de La Carihuela
Playa de Montemar (Bajo)
The Torremolinos boundary stops just a few metres past the hotel Sol Aloha Puerto, next to the stream.
From here Benalmadena starts with the area between the hotel Sol Aloha Puerto and Benalmadena Marina known as Playa El Saltillo.

Sanji
Edit for typo error
  • Edited by Sanji 2009-08-06 22:00:37
Thanks Sanji, you are always so helpful - I was going to ask is that where the Torremolinos Beach Club isand it is.
jojo said it was on the very end of Fuengirola on the map but surely it must be miles away as or I have misread that?
I was going to ask is that where the Torremolinos Beach Club isand it is.
jojo said it was on the very end of Fuengirola on the map but surely it must be miles away as or I have misread that?

I think Jo has got a bit confused.
Torremolinos Beach Club is nearly at the end of Playamar, just before the start of Playa de Los Alamos....heading towards Malaga.

Sanji
Once again thanks. I am looking forward to our first drink on the beach at the Tropicana Beach Bar and then our second, sat outside (people and yacht watching) the Kaleida Bar (is that the name?) in the Marina.
Probably be there in October. Might see you there one day? x
Hi
Sorry i meant to write
It is at the end of torremolinos on the map ! :duh
Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.