Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Sue, if your doing it all DIY, why not book a week in a hotel in one resort and the other week in a private apartment in the second resort. That way, apart from the change of scene, you would also have a completely different type of holiday.

Hotels are excellent in that you have all amenities to hand and invariably have bar, restaurant and entertainment all in one place without leaving the hotel. However, the freedom that comes with renting an apartment would increase the variation in the two separate weeks.

I prefer apartment rental as I'm far more likely to get around a variety of bars and restaurants, plus I'm not tied to specific dining times.

You've got me thinking now, as I had never considered splitting a fortnight holiday into two completely separate weeks in different resorts. Very interesting.
Thanks for your comments Jay Jay. I have considered that we might do a week in hotel and week in apartment but on this occasion I didnt know exactly where to choose for an appartment whilst I do know the position of the two hotels.
I have come around to DIY a bit late (I shall be 70 this year) and I do wish I had been a bit more adventurous with holiday bookings in earlier years.
We have only once stayed in an appartment and that was in the Algarve and I must admit we did enjoy it for a change.
Sue
we stayed in the Principe Torremolinos,and you can just have board only,that way you can book meals as you want ,or go out other times.spoil yourself ,it is your 70th
Hi Rebel
I cannot take up your suggestion as I have already booked and paid for my choice of hotels.
The Bali is one we have stayed in several times and we like very much. The Las Palomas we have been in, just to have a look and is in the area we want to be in.
However thank you for your suggestion.
Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.