Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Mattym

We just used MemphisTours on our trip from Cyprus to Egypt last month and I cannot praise Mr Sherif highly enough!

We organised our own flights and itinerary and asked him to arrange a cruise from Aswan to Luxor and the overnight Abela, tourist sleeper train from Luxor back to Cairo as it's very difficult to pre-book that part of the journey from outside Egypt. We paid 25% deposit up front then the rest after we arrived at our first hotel in Aswan.

We were quite prepared to pre-book our own hotel accommodation directly, but he got us some great prices there too, so that saved us having to pay up front many months before we took our holiday. $25pp per night for Isis Cornishe in Aswan and $35pp per night for Sonesta St George in Luxor :lol:

This was our 5th time in Egypt and previously we had always booked a package tour but as we came to live in Cyprus a few years ago, we decided it was time to be more adventurous and put our own itinerary together. I have to say it all went extremely well :D

The flights with Egyptair left either bang on time or earlier than scheduled, service was great and as always, the Egyptians are lovely people.

Regards
Cyprus100
We went to Mahmeya island, other side of Giften I think, and was absolutely magical - can thoroughly recommend. Snorekelling was fantastic, coral was knee deep in places!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.