Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hi! We found eating out to be quite an experience as most of the restaurants in Kyoto and Tokyo (the only places we visited) had models of the food in the restaurant windows! Luckily most places have an English menu as well though. We found Japan to be extremely expensive too. Unfortunately we were only there for four days in total at the beginning of a Far East tour, so didn't get to experience much of Japan. If I can be of further help drop me a pm and I'll try to answer any questions. I've uploaded some pics to the photo galleries if you're interested...
I'd love to hear more of your experiences of Japan lovetotravel44.
junglebunny-here are the photos!
Thanks love2travel44. I'm trying to get myself used the Japanese food by eating at local Japanese restaurants as much as possible, though I suspect the reality will be much better! The food experience on any holiday for me is one of the most important as I love trying local cuisine. One thing I am surprised about is that you say most restaurants have English menus as well as Japanese - not sure why I am surprised though (my own ignorance showing I think!). Would love to hear more about your trip.

I had heard it was expensive too, so how much of a budget would people recommend taking for 15 days to cover basics?

Finally thanks for the links to the photos, much appreciated!
:D Hi Junglebunny, When are you going to Japan?
I will be on Cruise from Osaka on 14th Oct. Stay overnight there on 13th.
We move on to Nagasaki on 15th Oct.
I got some info by typing in the Cities to my server.
We intend "Doing our own thing" when we anchor at ports.
Which Company are you travelling with?
I went with a Travelsphere Singles Group to China in 2004 and could not fault it. Have also gone on some Explore Worldwide tours on my own.
Hope you have a great time.
Yours Aye,
Jopa.
Update on japanese prices - 2007 - reasonable prices in restaurants - cheap food in supermakets (lot`s prepared and ready to eat) Beer same price as uk - petrol cheap enough - clothes are very well priced with "always a bargain" to be found. travel - train travel reasonable for example one way from Tokyo to Karuizawa by "Shinkansen" less than 30 pounds for non reserved. Coach for the same trip half price. Taxi prices are high!! Hotel prices can be high but if you stay at a "business type" hotel you will pay less than £50 night for a double.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.