Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
never seen a time share tout in ibiza in 10 visits.actually thats not quite true!!!!!.once when leaving the hippy market in es cana we were approached by a scratch card (time share in disguise type person).once in 10 visits aint bad.santa eulalia doesnt need or want timeshare type approaches and restauranters dont need to heckle you to eat in there restaurants,its a living working town not just a tourist resort.i think you will be pleasently surprised,ive walked the promanade of santa eulalia many times and have never been approached once.i agree it would do my head in if i was harrassed :( santa eulalia is quite classy,but not snobby,the harbour is stunning and restaurant street is wondeful at night(its a good job im going twice this year as i cant wait).we went to gran canaria last year and stayed in puerto mogan,didnt experience heckling there either.if youve ever been there, then the marina in santa eulalia is nicer.i say gooooooooooooooooo you wont regret it :wave: :wave: mo.
I'll echo that. In 9 times going to Ibiza, (various resorts), we have NEVER seen one of these parasites.
Have to say in none of my visits to Ibiza, I have never been pestered by time share touts at any time or at any resort. The only things like that are (or was) the "looky looky" traders who normally take a simple no as an answer.

Strangely it wasn't until I read your post it wasn't something I realised was missing :tup

(If you want hassle with shops/restaurants have you ever been to Turkey !!! :duh )
Me and my family stayed in Santa Eulalia in 2004 and the only time we got stopped by these parasites was where you go to catch the boats to the other resorts :rage
They try to press what looks like a scratch card into your hand,get you to scratch the card and then tell you that you have one a prize, but you have to go with them to collect it,But of course all it is is to temp you to part with your money for a dodgy timeshare.

This only happened to us 2 or 3 times and no where else on Ibiza or Santa eulalia,but a firm No!usally sends them on there way.

tofog68 :wave:
Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna have a read through the posts on this forum for any other info but Santa Eulalia sounds like my kind of place :)

(If you want hassle with shops/restaurants have you ever been to Turkey !!! )

I've never been to Turkey and sadly, the 'hassle' you get is what puts me off!! I know these people are very friendly and only trying to make a living but a polite no thankyou should be accepted, unfortunately in most cases (so I've heard) it's not!!!!
Santeg you must go to Santa Eulalia it really is beautiful :tup

tofog68 :wave:
Been to Ibiza loads of times over the past 11 years, never seen a tout in all that time!.
Santa Eulalia is a very smart and cosmopolitan working town/resort catering for all tastes and there is no market for time share/holiday clubs etc.
It's a beautiful resort with a fantastic crescent shaped beach ,a really smart marina and loads of good bars and restaurants with no hassles.
Went to Tenerife a few years back and got really pi**ed off with the touts, spoilt the holiday to be honest. No such worries in Ibiza.
You won't regret going, handy for trips to Es Cana, Ibiza Town and the gorgeous Cala Llonga (my favourite chill-out place).
Enjoy!. :cheers
you may be surprised to learn that there are at least a couple of timeshare companies based on the island - in santa eulalia and cala de bou because there most definately is a market for it!

sdII
Ive been approached a couple of times in san antonio centre next to the fountains, one of them got quite shirty when i ignored him and shouted at me " you couldnt afford it anyway!!", even though he wasnt supposed to be trying to sell us timeshares :que
Just be careful of the losers who give you a scratch card & tell you you've won a prize - then come with me i'll get you your prize, we were really hung over :cheers , not in a mood to argue then got caught up in 4hrs of stupidity!!:duh,our own faults we should have told them to get lost, but they make you feel soooooooooooo sorry for them.We ended up in an apt block near the marina in sta eulalia where a woman was veeery rude to us because we didn't want to buy a time share!!!! :rage i was so angry, so be careful near the marina in a morning - they ask if you're english first.. ......this is your cue to run :rage

m
We have been on hoiday to Santa Eulalia for the last 4 years and never got pestered for timeshare - went to San An for the day and the kids got "scratchcarded" - told the guys we weren't interested as we weren't staying in San An - he told us they were in Santa E so we went for a laugh and ended up buying one!!! Its great but I think its full now and the sales team have gone!

You'll love Santa Eulalia Santeg - have a good time when you go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.