Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
trains
10 Posts
I'm going to be very vague here until someone comes back with specifics, but not long and not much. I think it's around 30-40 mins and maybe €4-5 return. I'm pretty sure they run every 30 mins.

We hopped on the train quite a lot when we were in Torremolinos both to Malaga and to Fuengirola.

Made the mistake one time of getting off at Benalmadena. The train station is way at the back of the resort and it was a 30-45 mins walk to the sea front. Next time we went by bus which was much better.

luci :wave
Website (in Spanish):-

http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/malaga/index_horarios.html

Return fare = €3.60 per adult, travel time = 36 minutes and frequency = every 30 minutes.
The fare varies depending on the time of day (off-peak) and at weekends. The fare quoted
is for a peak-time journey on a weekday.

A.M.
And whatever you do....
Don't get on the train without buying a ticket first.
If the station is not "manned", there are ticket machines on the stations.

It will cost you an "arm and a leg" if the ticket inspector boards the train to check your ticket and you haven't got one before boarding.
Be warned ! ;)

Sanji
Bejay, if you walk upwards through Paloma Park and keep going until you reach the top of the hill, you can get on the train at Benalmadena(Arroya Del Mie). it has a ticket office there to buy your tickets. As Sanji says buy them in advance. Make sure you keep both tickets as you will need them to get out of the station.
Thanks Sanji and Christine w
Also be aware that there are two stations in Malaga. The first you will arrive at will be Malaga Renfe, but you will probably be better staying on until the last stop on the line at Malaga Centro, unless there is something near Renfe you specifically want to get to.
:wave: Hi, I see there are two railway stations between Torremolinos and Benalmadena/Arroyo. Does anyone know if one of these would give us the shortest walk to Calle Miami, Carrilhuela? We are travelling there next week for 3 nights so won't have heavy luggage to worry about so we think the train as opposed to a taxi from Malaga airport should be fine. I've joined Holidaytruths after finding lots of really useful information over recent years! Stuff you can't really find elswhere. Thanks.
Does anyone know if one of these would give us the shortest walk to Calle Miami, Carrilhuela?

No, you are better getting off the train at Torremolinos and getting a taxi from there...or it's about a 20min walk/stroll from Torremolinos and if you walk beside the main road, you then go down the hill by the side of the Hotel Las Palomas, at the bottom of the hill turn right and it will take you onto Calle Miami.

It's a fair hike from Montemar Alto and El Pinillo stations, the train track goes away from the coast after Torremolinos.

Click on the link and then enlarge the page or click on the picture and then use the zoom square on the bottom right hand side of map.
Torremolinos station is number 4 next to the street I've coloured in red, the hotel Las Palomas is number 11

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7180/tor0ph.jpg

HTH's

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
:cheers Thanks so much Sanji for the prompt response! We've viewed all your posts, photos and videos which have been really informative and useful. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.