Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi.
All depends on where your fellow passengers are staying really. Alvor is well towards the west of the Algarve, so there are quite a few resorts between the airport and Alvor. To give you some idea, a private transfer from the airport, going direct with no drop -offs en route would take in the region of 50 to 55 mins. If all your fellow travellers are staying in Lagos and beyond, you've cracked it; if you're dropping off at other resorts before Alvor you could be pushing the two hour mark. Good luck and hope you're first off the coach !! :tup ;)
Hi!

When we stayed in Alvor (2002) Im nearly sure the coach time was around an hour and a half.

Hope that helps! :cheers
I long ago gave up on package trips with coach transfer, as I always seemed to be the last one off the bus! And you have to wait at the airport for people who manage to get lost after getting off the plane.

I pity the reps on airport duty who are little more than shepherds, with unruly flocks. It took me once well over an hour from the time the plane landed to when the bus moved. Don't forget at Faro you have to wait to be put on a bus to be taken the 300 yards from plane to arrivals area, queue to clear passport control (Schengen agreement, not for British people) wait 30 minutes for your bags on a bad day, go into arrivals hall, find rep with sign, mill around for ages, walk out to the coach, wait for afore-mentioned dimwits who can't even manage that bit right and about an hour after landing you are on the way.

:hot :hot but you forget you have no water and die of thirst as Pedro or Jorge drives you half-way round the Algarve and while the company rep witters on about the tap water and the money and telephones.

I know that sounds a bit like the Monty Python sketch!

And why do almost all the airlines at Faro use buses instead of the airbridges that were installed at fantastic expense? Surely it cannot be cheaper to have to hire two buses and drivers etc etc?

An hour or so is a reasonable time then to get to Alvor but, yes, if yours is the 10th stop you might easily double that.

Have a nice day. Grrr.
We were in Alvor last year and booked a taxi.
I heard some guests at our hotel complain that their coach transfer had taken four hours with all the drop offs.
We are going back in August and I'm planning a taxi again.
Four hours! :yikes

Dear God was he driving via the Alps or what :really
We hired a car and it took us no more than an hour
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.