France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
If you mean the

GARE DE TORCY MARNE LA VALLEE - Torcy

the RER trains run about every 15 minutes; you will need to change lines.

Network Map at

http://www.transilien.com/web/webdav/site/transilien/shared/documents/plans/pdf/planreseauIDF.pdf
Thanks Cubsur

Yes, that's the right place, how easy is it to get to the train station from the airport, is there a station actually in the airport?

Where will we have to change lines? Vincennes?

Would this be cheaper than the bus?

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers
Sandbee
The CDG train station is in the airport. In In fact there are two stations, one for terminal 2 and another for terminals 1 and 3. They are on the same line, RER line B.

Now here comes the good bit.

Torcy is on RER Line A, direction Marne la Vallee Chessy Disneyland (yes, really) and the lines intersect at CHATELET LES HALLES.

I have got lost in Chatelet Les Halles. It is a vast undergound cavern with numerous RER and METRO lines all joining and splitting. I am sure there are people who roam these halls endlessly, never finding their way out.

Anyway, Chatelet Les Halles is where you must change from Line B to Line A. Take a deep breath and don't panic. The RER lines are as I recall either on the same level or very close. The journey planner gives an overall time of around 1 hour CDG - Torcy and zero minutes for transfer so I don't think you would get lost.

RATP fares are on a zonal basis; that seems to me that the journey will cost you around €12 one-way. Not 100% sure.

I can't help with the bus (if there is one) between CDG and Torcy. The RATP service doesn't cover that area, the journey planner doesn't give a bus option at all (which suggests it is either impracticable or doesn't exist) and I haven't found anything else - and I am off doing some travelling of my own tomorrow.

I hope I have helped; it is a while since I have done the journey from CDG and I have never been to Torcy!
Thanks Cubsur

I have just found out that I can get the campsites mini van to collect us, I can't see it will be much more expensive than the public transport fares for 6 people. I don't think it will be a good idea for us all to try and navigate around this unknown maze each with a large suitcase in a strange country!

I will attempt it when we are settled without the cases , Disney is on line A so that should be pretty easy.

Hope you enjoy your travelling, maybe on your return you could advice me of the best station to leave from for the best sites in Paris?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.