Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I have a Royal Bank Of Scotland card which also offers guaranteed 6% discount when you book through their RBS Travel Service and also waives the 2% fee when you pay with your RBS card, but they also have some special deals at the moment with bigger discounts on selected tour operators on selected dates when booked through the RBS Travel Service (including Virgin and some other 'Far Away' operators)
Might be worth looking into, although I'm sure many other cards from other banks will offer similar discounts :wink:
Try an independent travel agent. Thomson and First Choice have reduced the commission paid to TAs - so if they use another TO, you might get a good discount. However 6.5% off is probably the most you would get otherwise the TA won't make any money for the time and effort they will have to spend researching different offers.
We have just booked with Going Places for next year (august),they gave us a 12% discount on the brochure price of our holiday which saved us almost £500,this beat quotes from websites and all other TAs.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.