America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Travel City Direct
263 Posts
Hi everyone

Looking at the enclave suites with TCD for June 2007.

Has anyone been to the above suites recently? Virgin, TCD, Airtours all have them listed but there doesn't ssem to be any good reviews.

Also, is TCD a good company to go with?

Thanks for any advice
Hi Fluff

I've merged your post with the TCD topic as there's quite alot of info on the company in this topic.
We have reviews for the Enclave Suites HERE.

Pippy :D
Never actually flown with TCD yet but I am booked with them to go on 17th June, my own personal experiences have been nothing but positive with the booking procedure and customer service (both by phone and e-mail) first class. I have made requests though regards seating but will have to wait and see how good they are at trying to grant them. (Only request is that as I have pre booked we do not want to be seperated by an aisle). I have been on TCD forum and there is generally very positive comments about the flights so I am less worried about the standard than I would have been. :fly :lol:
Hi,
I.m new to all this so excuse me if I get it wrong.

I'm flying with TCD on August 31, this will be my 14th time 10 of these with TCD and so far all flights have been excellent. Have experienced some delays but nothing excessive.
Once had a delay of 3 days during a hurricane but Tcd paid for the extra days for hotel and car.
Traveled from Cardiff, Manchester and Gatwick.Would prefer Cardiff as it's local but of the other two Manchester comes out on top because of the friendly staff at the airport.
Have flown with TCD from Manchester, flights fine, seating adequate, meals o.k. The main problem is the boarding gate at Manchester, they didn't try to organise the boarding by seat row number as other airlines do and it resulted in utter chaos and very nearly a punch up !
We're off again with the for's and against's TCD, its the same every year.

I have used them for several years both on their own flights and also booking through them with Virgin and Delta. We didn't like Virgin and Delta is not a direct flight. We have had some problems with TCD but good flights outnumber the one's with problems. We have also said 'never again' but we booked with them, yet again, last year, flying both ways on an Excel flight and it was excellent, no complaints at all. We have booked again for September, an Excel flight, and we are looking forward to the same experience again.

:D :D :D

Babs
We flew with TCD for the first this Feb...I must say that after reading some of the comments on these and other boards I was dreading it ! We had previously flown Virgin and also BMI.

However, we needn't have worried ..everything went smoothly and infact we were early both ways ...unfortunately due to the airports at both ends this could not be taken advantage of (we ended up circling Sanford on the longest descent I've ever known , whilst the Manchester ground staff could not get us off the tarmac, nor our baggage unloaded before our allotted time :x ).

I thought we had excellent value for money and will definitely use them again if the price is right. :D
Nice to see some positive posts,we flew tcd 2 years ago with no problems and are flying with them again this year,after reading so many bad reports i was beginning to get worried about our holiday,but i can now see that not all is bad.Thanks 8)
If your worried about your flight with tcd (which I must admitt I was) check out all the comments by people who use them ever year with no problem what so ever on the tcd website, they have they're own discussion forum(for the good and bad comments) The good outway the bad by thousands!!It'll put your mind at rest! go to http://www.travelcitydirect.com click on florida then on attraction and then the disscusion forum! good luck, it's worth a read!!
Hi,

Anybody got any comments good or bad on TravelCity Direct.

Its the 1st time we have been to florida and they look quite a good operator to use.

Thanks in advance
Merged with existing topic :wink:

How come this topic on TCD is allowed, when my request for infomation on suitcase sizes on Virgin flights to Orlando was blocked.
Hi

I just referred you to the Virgin topic in the Flights Forum via a link which you only needed to click on to take you to that topic.

Many members have had problems with TCD and flights to America so it does relate specifically to this forum.

As there is already a Virgin topic, and also a hand luggage topic, in the flights forum, admin/mods would rather keep all the information in one place rather than in various forums.

Your post wasn't 'blocked' in an unfriendly manner as you can see HERE.

The last post on the Virgin site was Mon Sept 27th 2004!. I needed some help regarding Virgin to Orlando pronto. I logged back on expecting the usual helpful advice that i recive. I would have been a bit happier if my request had been moved and people had been given chance to reply.
That date is the date of the first post in the topic, not the last.
Members will look at the most recent posts in any topic so your post would not have been missed.

I'm sorry you feel I was unhelpful, I don't see what else I could have done other than give you a link to the Virgin topic, but moving posts to the correct forum or locking topics are part of what admin expect a moderator to do.

Thats ok pippy, its just that i did need the info quick. If you had moved my post to the Virgin site i might have got the info back. As it was by the time i realised it had been stopped i did not have time to re post. But its ok i think i have it sorted now. Just the Fright Nights and Howl O Scream to look forward to now. :roll:
Just arrived back from Fl. Travelled with TCD again and I have posted for and against in the past. We travelled cattle class, no delays, trouble free flight, food the usual, nothing special but edible, plenty to drink - most helped themselves to drinks from the galley, endless supplies of water; pleasant crew, arrived on time. On return no delays, all above repeated, arrived before scheduled time. Comfortable leather seats, plentiful blankets and pillows.

Security going out from Man, not much change to previous years, all lighters to be put in a container, drinks in another container, asked about my pen and was told it was ok to take it through. No queues at security we just kept moving as everyone was co-operating. Duty frees were given to you prior to boarding.

On return from Sanford, pretty much the same as Man, no queues as all were co-operating, no drinks allowed on board and no lighters. They were turning a blind eye to more than one piece of hand luggage, not at all as strict as we expected but were searching the hand luggage thoroughly. I lost a new mascara and some sun oil I had shoved in at the last minute. My husband had a joke with the security officer, he said they were confiscating my mascara and sun oil and the officer said they were not confiscating it they were asking me to voluntarily hand it over. My husband asked what would happen if I refused to voluntarily hand it over and the officer replied ' then you won't be returning home today sir'.

:lol: :lol:
Hello peeps. Although we owned our own villa in Kissimmee for many years we never travelled with TCD. Now my special needs son and about 30 others are travelling to Florida on holiday in January with TCD. I must admit to hearing a few alarm bells ringing when I heard this although the reactions on the forum are mixed. Can you tell me if it's a direct flight and which airline they use. Many thanks.
TCD's own flights are direct to Sanford using either their own branded aircraft or Excel.

TCD & Excel are both part of the Avion group. They do also book using other carriers such as Thomas Cook, Virgin etc. but most flights and charter holidays are with their TCD/Excel :)
Mods ... How come the name Excel above has a direct hyperlink to their website?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.