Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
We went twice in March/April and it was hot. Despite being the rainy season we didn't have rain.

You will need to get advice from your practice nurse re anti-malarials as it changes all the time. We had Larium, but it has had a bad press due to side effects.

Don't know if you have booked a safari yet, but the second time we went we booked with a local company direct rather than the rep and opted for a camping safari as we had done the lodges the first time.

The driver picked us up at 5 or 6 in the morning and we asked how many others we were picking up. He said none so we thought we would meet the rest of the party at the camp. We picked up a young lad who turned out to be our waiter and drove to the safari parks.

We we arrived at the camp we were the only ones there! We had the whole safari bus to ourselves, a driver/guide, waiter, 2 chefs and a security guard and a whole camp for the two of us. It was brilliant! I think it was because it was low season.

luci :wave
We stayed at Travellers in August last year - a great hotel, you'll love it!

Just had the Yellow Fever with no side effects at all and have taken Malarone for both Kenya and Goa. Can't think of anyone else you should tip.

Have a great holiday :cheers
Can anyone tell me the approximate price of drinks in this hotel. I believe that the adjoining sister hotel does all inclusive and we were wondering if it would be better value for money?

Many thanks
Hi John and Carol, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time whatever time of year as even when it does rain its still an adventure. We stayed at The Travellers Beach and had a brilliant time and couldn't really fault it. If you are booking a safari and wish to avoid the beach boys I would highly recommend FREDDY MUTHENGI. We found out about him through Tripadvisor and its the best thing we did. Pm me if you need his details, he can send you his itineries via e mail. He arranged to meet us in our hotel on arrival, introduced us to our driver and did everyhting he possibly could to give us the safari we wanted. We originally booked just 2 days in Tsavo but were so enthralled Freddy managed to get us seats to fly up to the Masai Mara in our second week. He pulled out all the stops for us and gave us the most fantastic holiday ever.

**Edit to remove email address as per terms and connditions - Admin**
Hi John & Carol
We originate from Kenya and can recommend it to anyone. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Travellers beach is on the North coast, easy reach of the town centre. We normally only take malaria tabs, however have had the jabs for other countries and not experienced any side effects. Tipping for safari/excursions is normally 10% depending on the amount of game viewed. At the hotel, if you're all inc, tip as you feel necessary, the average person earns approx £60 per month.
The weather should be good, rainy season but it generally rains for 1/2 hr and the rest of the day is glorious sunshine! :sun2
Hello - Jambo!
Thank You - Asante Sana!
Yes / No - Ndiyo / Apana!
The best thing to keep the beach boys at bay is to greet them when you first see them, ask them their name and then everytime you see them, acknowledge them by their name. They normally leave you alone after you've greeted them.
Have a good time!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.