General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
littlelegs - sorry if it's a daft question, but who is CCE?
At a guess "crown currency exchange "Helen

I always use martin lewis's travel money maxmiser here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/
scroll down to free tools , bottom right hand side and you will find it there. you will find the best rates there.
yes sorry i should of put the full name crown currency exchange this place is great for a good rate if you want to book in advance and take a little risk in hope it does no go above what you have bought them for. but it could always drop once you have bought them. but still get that good rate
forgot to say as well if you sign up on there email alerts you get offers of better deals aswell just got one offering me a rate of 1.2295
I was looking on the high street today and from when I last looked 3 days ago the Euro rate appears to have dropped. Thomas Cook were offering 1.14 over £500 and a paltry 1.13 under £500. Post Office was 1.15. First Choice was 1.167 for over £500 and 1.15 under £500.

Just thought I would share my findings.
1.18 at http://www.travelex.co.uk/uk/ on line orders only but you can pick them up nearly straight away at airports of your choice
1.19 from Dawson and Sanderson today ;)
It seems for the last two days, the euro has dropped slightly, now I would think with the weekend coming, it will rise, and this will be the tate until Monday
Got back from holiday (Italy) last week and received an average of 1.2 using my Nationwide cash card in the ATM's.

Louise
Thomas Cook was 1.17 at the weekend. Am taking Nationwide Card with me to Algarve Friday for 2 weeks so will see what they give. (Holds breath) :think
At the moment expect about 1.205 with a Nationwide visa card at an ATM. But don't forget the UK Budget announcement next week, if the markets react badly the rate could be affected - there was news yesterday that there has been a drop in business confidence due to the cuts already announced.
Thanks Steve. We'll still use card as we find it the easiest option :tup
I got one of those free pre-paid cards through http://www.caxtonfx.com/ I got it to avoid paying those ridiculous booking charges on Ryanair, in addition you also get a good exchange rate, today's Euro loading rate is 1.184
just been offered 1.24.36 euros to the quid for the begining of sept by speacial email via crown i'm taking that
just got 1,865 euros for £1,500 with the above rate from crown deliverd 1st september thats around 124 euros better off then what i can get today at around 1.17
Never heard of Crown - are they are reputable company, and if so can anyone buy from them?
It seems the rate is going down at the minute, and tue 22 jUNE will be amke or break for the euro

Budget day
I think you mean make or break for the Pound!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.