Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
beatthebrochure is the online division of this company.

fwh
I have emailed th company now asking them 2 kindly e-mail me my confirmation as it is now 13 days after and I really do think I should of received something from them, they have taken the money from my account so I am not asking for much. :shrug
Hi, have used this company a few times, the confirmation is always slow coming out as are the tickets. No problems with them though and the holidays we had were excellent as were the prices. Regards Denny
Thank you for that bit of reassurance - nice to know someone who has booked with them, quite right the price woz really good 4 what we got. I just hope tickets get here in time with the postal strikes - i sound like a right worrier, this is nothing to how my mom, who is travelling with us reacts. :hyper
finally got my confirmation this morning for our holiday :yipee .

also not got to worry about getting tickets and the postal strikes coz the airline r a ticketless one so just got to take reference no and have voucher for hotel and transfers.

majorca here we come :bow
We booked a fly drive holiday to to florida with como street travel 3 weeks and 3 destinations.
paid and received tickets ok.
Arrived at the florida airport to find that the car (an intermediate sized vehicle ) was nowhere big enough to carry 4 adults and four suit cases plus minimum hand luggage. And when asked, the car hire people admitted that we would have to upgrade to a bigger model.
It cost us another £233 to upgrade to a bigger vehicle even though we explaind to the car hire company (Dollar) that we were assured by como street travel that this vehicle would be big enough for us and ALL our cases ect,
The boot of this intermedite sized vehicle wouldnt even take 2 of the cases and yes i considered placing the rest in the back seat with my passengers , but it would have been very unfair as they were 70 and 72 years old and it was their 1st time in the usa.

When WE got back from our 3 weeks holiday and 3 resorts later I contacted Como street travel about this extra expense incurred because they had given us the wrong size car hire and after nearly 6 months of emailing and letter writing their conclusion was that our cases was the problem they were too large, ( OVERSIZED CASES ?????) What a statement to make considering that you are only allowed to take a certain weight now in most airports.

Needless to say that Como street travel didnt care once they had received our money,
I Would like to ask if any one else out there have had a similar experience with the car hire service and its size. If so please get in touch as I am collecting information regarding this for when i present como street travel with a claim for additional costs.
seems I have to fight on for justice. so any info would be much appreciated.
Thankyou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.