Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Trianta is close enough for nights out in Rhodes Town. Its been a few years since I've been but I did n't think much of the beach to be honest. Pefkos- haven't been but it looks good. Not sure how much night life it has. Lindos- beautiful place and plenty of nightlife without being 18-30 ish.
we was looking at Zante but it's a bit too expensive for us.

Zante expensive :really
I was looking on Manos yesterday - several deals to Zante for under £400 for the 2 of us for 2 weeks gong middle of May.

In my opinion, (and i stress only my opinion) Rhodes has become very commersialised over recent years, with a lot of big AI hotels sprouting up in smaller resorts like Lardos, and i also think Pefkos has a 'British' feel to it nowerdays. I agree that Lindos is nice, very cosmopolitan and still has it's 'Greek' charm.
For a 3* hotel in July to Zante we are looking at at least £500 each!

Think the Thomas Cook sites going a bit doolally, trying to book a holiday at the Ziakis hotel and it's saying it's sold out from every airport in the UK. It was fine half an hour ago :que
I would suggest Lindos. It is perfect for young people that don't want the 18-30 seen but it still has 3 nightclubs on the outskirts of the village and it is also very safe for young girls.

Pefkos, I agree with a previous poster, it has gone very British and is looking quite tacky nowadays, Blackpool in the sun.

I can't comment on Trianta as I have never been there all I know is it is close to Rhodes down but the beach will be shingly instead of sand in Lindos and Pefkos
Be careful of false economy if you choose Lindos, it might be cheaper to get there but believe me it's not cheap in the village have been a regular the last few years, but if the prices are as bad this year might look elsewhere next year.
Rick.
I would personally go for Trianta, the other resorts are much further away from Rhodes Town, the airport and other resorts that you may want to visit. Its true that the beach is shingle but it really depends on whether you are a beach lover or prefer getting about. You will have much easier access to all kinds of nightlife from Trianta. Lindos is beautiful but I always get a bit stir-crazy after a few days and Pefkos is quite english, which may not be what you are looking for. I have stayed down that end quite a bit but seem to spend a lot of time driving up towards RT when everything gets a bit samey (is that a word?). :que

Which hotel are you thinking of in Trianta?

I have always found Zante more expensive than Rhodes too, the hotels are not as nice and are more pricey for what you get and just eating out is more costly.
I have always found Zante more expensive than Rhodes too, the hotels are not as nice and are more pricey for what you get and just eating out is more costly.

I'm sorry, but that statement is a load of rubbish. I've been to both islands many times, and found no real difference in the cost of eating out.
Just what do you think is more expensive on Zante as opposed to Rhodes, car hire, sunbeds, what?
I think that I explained what I meant pretty well actually, and I am not going to justify myself to someone who is so rude. I was stating my opinion which, I believe, is the purpose of this site.
no need for rudeness i agree, but on what are you basing your statement we are going to pefkos soon and would be interested in your experiences of food and drink prices
thanking you in anticipation dave
The 'disagreement' was about Zante rather than Rhodes. As I said we spent loads more there than we have ever done in Rhodes, as everything was more expensive and the hotel was rubbish so we ended up eating out for meals that we had technically already paid for (spam anyone?).

The reason I said Trianta rather than Pefkos is just location really, not price. The original question was which resort to choose and I just pointed out the bits that may make Trianta more attractive to a young couple (i.e. being more central to all the nightlife in Rhodes Towm/Faliraki etc and the convenience). Pefkos much further away from the airport and Rhodes Town, or Falaraki if you are so inclined, so its a longer transfer time especially if you are getting your transfer from a TO. I know loads of people who go to Pefkos every year and love it, but its just a bit too far down for us, as when we have stayed this end we always seem to be driving up and down the coast to get to the top of the island. Lindos is spectacular but we feel we have done it to death now. As I said, this really is my own opinion and it really depends on what you are looking for.
I have to agree with Ninkynonk. Lindos is beautiful and if, like Marcus on this forum your friends are all down there that's great.I may be biased as all my friends are at the top end of the island but when we first went to Rhodes in 1982 I think if we'd gone to Lindos (Pefkos wasn't a resort in those days!) we might never have returned to the island.There's far more to do/see at the top end so unless you just want a beach holiday, I'd say Trianda every time. Just my opinion. Hope it helps. Anne
I was not being rude....I was merely stating that there is no significant difference in the cost of buying a meal and drinks on Rhodes as opposed to Zante, or any other Greek island, and asked you to give examples to the contrary.
Yes, this is a place to gain information, but correct information, and I believe the information you gave regarding eating out was incorrect, (I can't comment on the hotels) hence my post.
Again, I was not being rude..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.