Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
You can go direct to Luxor from El Gouna. We took the 2 children with us a couple of years back on the day trip by road with ProTours which I THINK was then about $85 for adults and $50 for the kids
Left the hotel about 5.30 and back around midnight. Hotel provided a "breakfast box" on request and trip included a lunch at the Sonesta St George in Luxor. All excursions were included and guided with English speaking guide. TIP - take lots of water (those insulated bottle carriers are a good idea), hats, sunglasses and a pillow for the bus!!!)
All overland travel has to join the convoy at Safaga (leaves Safaga at 7am?) and again in convoy from Luxor at I think 6pm - can easily be upwards of 100 vehicles in the convoy.

Protours also offer a trip with an overnight stay, and every Friday a day trip by air from the private strip in El Gouna. Not sure of the price on this, but can find out over Easter if you are interested.Would include the same excursions, lunch etc

This http://www.elgouna.com/english/ShowText.aspx?ToShow=Luxor may help - Protours tel number is +20 65354 9702 and their e-mail is protours@orascom.net I think. (there are a few problems with internet in Gouna at the moment and I'd suggest e-mailing before 14th April when they are switching from one system to another - just in case!!!!!!)
TAH-M
thank you for your prompt reply. I will try the pro tours email for details of their Friday trip as I don't realy want a long coach trip.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.