Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
The Port wine industry is confined to the Douro valley, near Oporto, and it would be impractical, if not impossible, to travel from the Algarve and back and spend any reasonable time at a port lodge in one day.
Hi alcol (interesting name :wink: )

I know it's not the same, but you can go to see where Cliff Richard's wine is made, at Adego do Cantor. They do tours and tastings, and some of the wines are very drinkable! It's just behind Algarve Shopping near Guia.
I'm afraid taht this is the equivalent of somebody coming to the UK to stay on the south coast and then wanting to go on a visit to a whisky distillery :-) The only way you'll be able to do this is by taking 2, or preferably 3, days out of your holiday to make the trip north to the Douro area. You might well be able to take an internal flight from Faro to Oporto but you'll still need to plan for at least one overnight stay.

SM
Hi roseweb

Thanks for the info regarding Cliff Richard's vineyard. We emailed them and are booked up for a tour to see the wine getting made a wee tasting of vino!!

Cheers :glynis
Is it just me who read that with a comma between "wee" and "tasting"?! :yikes :yuck

I went to Cliff's vineyard on the tour last month, it was great although my Cliff-mad mum was very disappointed he wasn't there personally treading the grapes :lol: (especially as he was in Portugal at the time, and had turned up to meet a tour group the week previously!! :shock: )

The tour we booked with Liz at Adega do Cantor included minibus pick-up from our hotel and detour past Cliff's villa for a photo opportunity on the way back - how my aforementioned mother managed not to chuck herself over his gate and run up the drive I'll never know :rofl

:sun
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.