Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Simple - jump in a cab (agree a price first) and go see Swiss' in Nuweiba (he may even send someone to pick you up). Stay at his hotel and he'll arrange your trips I don't doubt. No need to use a travel firm to arrange this.

If you want to dive there I'd recommend Mazeriq to see an enormous brain coral. Swiss will set you up with African divers probably - based next door to him.

I'm confident you'll enjoy a relaxing trip up to the Swisscare in Nuweiba.
Thanks alan! We might drive up as a friend of mine has a car. Roughly how much does it cost to stay at the lovely swiss hotel??
Thanks alan! We might drive up as a friend of mine has a car. Roughly how much does it cost to stay at the lovely swiss hotel??
You can find the Swisscare rates HERE.
Sazzle
If two of you go and want separate rooms the Swisscare has all suites with two rooms (with 2 en suites, two entrances) so you would only need one 'room'.
I hadn't realised the rates were so reasonable. I think Mum and I will seriously have to consider booking a room for the night of the HT rave, I mean meet! :lol: :lol:
Wow, that is really good then! Do you think I can just turn up or should I book? Might do it once I am there so I can think about dates! How exciting!!
You ll be more than welcome ! ( You too Pippy ! )

Coloured Canyon from Sharm is quite a bit of a drive but when in Nuweiba it definitely is well worth it, as it is so close it can be done in the morning or combined with a longer day to include lunch.

White Canyon is also well worth the trip being also very close to Nuweiba. More ideal for a whole day trip including lunch.

Another short excursion ( easily done by your own car ) is a trip up to Pharaohs Island to visit the ruins of Salah el Deen Castle.

You ll find more information on these and other excursions at that other travel forum beginning with Trip and ending with Advisor.

I would recommend Sam in Nuweiba for the White Canyon and Farag in Nuweiba for Coloured Canyon.

For diving, just contact Sarah at http://www.africandiversnuweiba.com - the diving is so much more personal and individualistic than the dive factories of Sharm. Much more relaxing and enjoyable, as is all of Nuweiba.

Superb, empty beaches, great snorkelling, real bedouin atmosphere, fantastic scenery, and a totally restful, relaxing environment !

Just email me for more details or for me to PM you my number here.
I am definitely for booking a night :)
Good on you, Phyll !

Just as a footnote, further to Sazzles initial question, for overnights in the desert then it has to be with Silvia, a Swiss lady married to a bedouin here in Nuweiba. She's been organizing such tours for many years.
swiss!
how much would a cab be to nuweiba?
we are going to sharm,for 2 weeks,on the 28th jan.hubby likes to get out & about,so maybe a couple of nights there,would be nice!
thanks in advance
tracy
Difficult to say as you will get very big differences in prices being quoted from LE 300 up to LE 500. Let me know closer to the date and I can see what I can arrange.
thank-you!
i will have a chat,to hubby & see what he thinks.
tracy
If you have not done St Catherine or any of the sites in Sinai before then it is well worth taking a couple of days off in say Nuweiba just to be able to see St Catherine, Coloured Canyon or White Canyon and Pharaohs Island, as well as to experience a little bit of the real Sinai, than trying to do one trip one day to St Catherine from Sharm and another trip another day to say Coloured Canyon from Sharm.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.