Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
there are loads of great trips to do

** waterfalls,ride through the jungle in a jeep,get out feed the monkeys then a cooling dip in the waterfalls,fantastic
** spice plantations,get to ride and wash elephant
** great beaches and boat trips
** mapsa and anjuna markets for great bargains
**crocodile hunting

theres so much to do and see
hope you have a wonderful time
:cheers :cheers
Hi
This website will give you an idea before you go of what trips you can do:
http://www.daytrippergoa.com/index.html

If you make a note of the prices, you can compare them to what your tour operator charges (assuming you're doing a package).
There are quite a few places based in the north doing tours.
We've used quite a few of different places and always been satisfied.
Hi has anybody done the Houseboat tour with Day Tripper?did similar tour from Kerala which we really
enjoyed :) would be interested to hear about the one from Goa :cheers
annx
We did this but not with Daytripper and it was 10 years ago. It is much more expensive now. It is well worth doing though, the food was amazing, about 8 courses for the evening meal. Not sure whether they are still so generous though. We have done this in Kerala as well, the scenery was much more interesting in kerala but I would still recommend the Goa trip. Very relaxing.
;) We did it last year but not with Daytripper. It was booked from a place in the Baga Road. I can find out for you if you want as I have one of the lads that used to work there and told us about it on my Facebook.

The riceboat (two storey - there are some single storey one's about) went down the Mandovi River - saw the sunset...turned back and moored for the night then continued the next day. Two nights.
Thanks for quick reply its £63 with Day tripper !!!any other company,s to look out for :think
annx
brenliz & betty boop the one we were looking at leaves from Karnataka :)
Thanks all!

I love the sound of these ones;

** waterfalls,ride through the jungle in a jeep,get out feed the monkeys then a cooling dip in the waterfalls,fantastic
** spice plantations,get to ride and wash elephant

We are not doing a package and time is tight for us to shop around when we are there - are the Daytripper tours good? What is the Waterfall called / or the trip called?
jtownson
I can't comment on the Daytripper tours you mention, but we did the 3 night/4 day Mumbai trip with them and it was well organised.

The waterfall is called Dudhsager.
Eddie from Daytrippers is excellent. We were his 'guinea pigs' for his trip down to Devbagh Island in Karwar. At the time we went by train and were met at the station although now I think they do the whole journey by jeep. We stayed for longer too.

However, when we did Dudhsagar Falls we did it off our own backs and hired a jeep/driver.

The Jungle Book trip is also excellent. Stay in mud huts at the Shanti Nature Reserve - swim, bathe and ride the elephants. I'm also in touch with one of the guides so can find out prices etc.
Hi Guys

I have been trying to contact daytripper but have not had a reply at all. Has anybody tries lately to contact them via email, with success?
j tOWNSON, hi.
Maybe you should get a taxi driver to take you to "Sahakari Spice Farm". its at Curti, Ponda, goa.
you can have a look around the plantation and see the spice trees etc, and sit on the elephants that they have there. We did!!! Loved it!!!!
May be a bit of drive from the south, but worth it!!
BOB.
Hi Betty Boop,

You say, "The Jungle Book trip is also excellent. Stay in mud huts at the Shanti Nature Reserve - swim, bathe and ride the elephants. I'm also in touch with one of the guides so can find out prices etc"

We are going in January, any chance you could find out from the guide how much it is to swim, bathe and ride the elephants, please? I don't necessary need accommodation as we are booked in beach huts, but if its a day trip, that would be great,

Many thanks,
jennyt
;) Will contact him and find out. Get back to you asap.
Have had reply including phone number for you to ring. Will pm you.
We went to the Spice Plantation and had an elephant ride and wash. It was so much fun and would highly recommend it.

The Spice Plantation tour itself is good, too. Lunch was nice and you can also buy the spices grown.

The elephant wash is such an experience. You sit on the elephant's back, so bracing yourself as you know what is coming....a trunk full of cold water!! Like I say, great fun and I would love to do it again one day.

We paid 1,700 rupees for the taxi from Calangute, the Spice Plantation tour (which includes lunch), the elephant wash and ride. Maybe we could have done it cheaper by getting the taxi, then paying to enter the attractions but at £22.00 for what we done, didnt think it was too bad.

We are hoping to return next year and take my teenage kids. They would love it there. If anyone has done the trip by breaking it down to travel / paying separately to enter the planatation, I would be very grateful to hear from you. Timing things by 4 instead of 2 does mount up quite a bit!

Cheers,
jennyt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.