Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi hotel will not open till june 16th .
spoke to thomsons today and they told me that its opening in july now.also asked about the a/i.drinks end at 11pm and wine is only served with meals and not at any other time(i suppose you can buy it though)
We have just booked to go to the Tropicana Club Azure in Nabq Bay.

We stayed at the Grande Azure in July 2007 and have been struggling to find where the Club Azure is in relation to the Grande Azure. One website states its directly accross the road and can be accessed via a subway, another gives a map and shows it as about 2km down the road.

Does anybody know?
I've seen a really good deal staying at the Tropicana Club Azure in December with Thomsons but I can't seem to find any reviews on this. I believe it's a new hotel which was only finished this year. Can anyone shed any light?

Couple of things I'd like to know first of all : -

With regards to the All Inclusive - Thomsons say that a time restriction will apply for alcoholic drinks - any idea what these time restrictions are?

Also, it says there are 2 Al a Carte restaurants (Chinese & Italian). Is there a visit to either/each restaurant included in your stay at the hotel?

If anyone could provide any info on this hotel, that would be great :)
Charlene :cheers
I've just left the same message as I never noticed your post!! lol! :whoops

I'm looking for any information on the Tropicana Club Azure too :)
All I know is that its apparently a new hotel, just finished being built this year.

Charlene :sun2
Although I couldnt find a review, there are some comments over on tripadvisor.

Bex
I've just come back from TGA, its not a new hotel just a change off name. The hotel was great as was the holiday. The drink restrictions were not a problem free drinks from 9am till well after midnight. There were four al a carte restaurants Italian, chinese, Mediterranean, & fish, there was no restrictions as to how many times you could book them,but you have to be down to reception in the morning to secure. The food We found was great in them all, the wine (Red) was of a high standard as was the beer. Hope you have as good a stay as me and my wife. My advice BOOK IT NOW.
LTI Grand Azure is now named Tropicana Grand Azure

http://www.tropicanahotels.com/en/azure/

The Grand Azure is on the seafront but I am not sure about the Tropicana Azure Club

http://www.tropicanahotels.com/en/azureclub/facilities.htm

We are going to the Grand Azure not month and cannot wait now xx
After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor it seems that Tropicana Club Azure is across the road from the TGA. It has mixed reviews. It's about 10-15 mins from the beach so if you're a beach lover like myself it's not ideal.

Thanks for your help guys :)
Charlene x
I found a website with the Tropicana Club Azure on it and it had a link to a Google Earth map showing where it was situated.

It is approx 2 kilometers closer to the airport than the Grand Azure (if you leave the Grand Azure and go left along the main road).

The Thomson brochure does state that the beach at the sister hotel is "a good 10 minute walk away".

We went to the Grand Azure last July on honeymoon, the hotel is HUGE with about 800 rooms. A tip for anyone going is if you happen to get a stomach bug and don't feel like leaving the room at meal times try out the room service, a couple we met said the food was really nice and it was something silly like £1.50 for a baguette and a plate of chips.
Hi :wave:

Did anyone stay at the Tropicana Club Azure last year, who could tell me how it was please ?

From what I have been reading it is the hotel accross the road from the Tropicana Grand Azure, which is the one beach side.

Is it a smaller version of the original hotel ? It is no bother for us to have a ten minuite walk to the beach, and I like the idea of it being new provided it is not surrounded by building works.

Any updates gratefully received. :)

Doe :wave
Hi there.

We flew back from Sharm yesterday after 2 weeks at the Club Azure.

The hotel is still not fully complete, 2 of the 12 blocks of rooms are still having work done on them but it is not noticable (ie we heard no noise at all during our 2 weeks).

The hotel is alot smaller than the Grand Azure, but having stayed in the Grand Azure in July 2007 we believed the smaller hotel made it more personal, the staff get to know you better etc.

In relation to the hotels position, the hotel is directly opposite the Grand Azure. There is no building work directly next to the hotel but there is some down the road (by the Jasmine Centre).

There is a nightclub close to the hotel which we did experience alot of noise from, the music usually stopped between 1am and 1.30am. I'm not sure if all rooms had it as bad or whether we were just unlucky at the position of our room.

If anyone has any other questions please let me know.
Hi :wave: fossman

Thanks for giving a report, I did ask for it to be added to the hotel review part of the forum if you fancy doing a review.

The jury (ie my other half) is still out on if we can really afford a spring break, but this hotel was a strong contended along with the main hotel.

Who did you travel through, I was getting my price with Thomson and for the quality that the hotel looked it seemed quite a competative deal. One of the reasons that I was attracted to it was that it was smaller than the Grand as with 800 4 bedded rooms I thought the bigger hotel's restaurant might be a bit of a low quality experience (scrum ?) with that amount of folks.

What did you think of the eating ? Did you prefer the Grand or the Club ? Was the quality of the food similar in both hotels and acceptable, are there extra restaurants as well as the buffet ?

Hope you dont mind the questions and hope you had a good holiday ?

Doe :wave:
We travelled with Thomsons.

There are 3 restaurants in total at the Club Azure, there is the main buffet restaurant and then an Italian and a Chinese restaurant. Although you can only eat in the Italian and Chinese once each during your stay.

The food in the Club Azure was alot better than the Grand Azure was in July 07 (a weight gain of 1 stone 2 pounds proves that LOL), the food is normal All Inclusive (ie quite repetative) but as it was nice food you don't mind. I do remember the Grand Azure sometimes being like a scrum but this might have only been because the hotel was full as it was peak season.

The restaurant does look small in the Club Azure but we never struggled once to get a table and there was 8 of us.

Thanks for getting the hotel added to the reviews section I will get a review written out soon.

I have some photos of the hotel if anyone knows a good place for me to post them!
Thank you very much for the food/restaurant advice I am very grateful. It sounds as though the Club would suit the 4 of us very well. :)

Regarding the posting of photos if you go to the top banner on the front page, box three from the left is entitled photo galleries. I think intially they go in the upload album and then a Mod or Admin will move them accross into the Egypt Album for you.

You do need to label each one, state the country/resort/hotel otherwise Mods/admin dont know where to place them. I think the max you can upload is 10 at a time.

It's a couple of years since I uploaded photos but it can't be hard as I am not at all IT literate, but still managed it.

If you have problems you could always ask in the Help and Assistance forum and I am sure someone will post who puts lots of photos on.

Look forward to reading your review.

Thanks again, Doe :wave:
PS LOL to the weight gain. :rofl
Many thanks. :tup
Just checked out your photos it looks fantastic.
Hi,

Have just booked up to go in a few weeks - can anyone let me know what the dress code is for the restaurants as husband likes to wear 3/4 pants etc - are these acceptable?

Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.