Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
do you have to pay for any drinks at the Tropical Grand Azure please or are all in AI price. Just someone mentioned they had to pay for some
I have read there are birds in the main dining room, anyone had problems as I have a fear of them. Are there bird free eating places
Where?
Some restaurants are open air, or at least no solid walls and windows - then you get small birds., sparrows usually.
But indoors is generally OK, you'll get an odd one inevitably - I once caught and removed a pigeon from KFC in the middle of Cardiff..!!
thanks was getting anxious, someone said downstairs in the main buffet restaurant. Long as I can find somewhere free of them
does anyone know do the superior rooms have pool views please

Moved to the dedicated Tropicana Grand Azure forum
What are the differences in colours of wristbands at the Tropicana Grand Oasis, how many colours are there. Anyone tell me which are for Superior room. Is that a different colour to standard room
I think the only different wristbands are for VIP guests and youngsters who are not old enough to drink have seperate wristbands.

Also you dont pay for any drinks other than if you want upgarded brand spirits, we never paid for any drinks we found the local ones to be ok apart from the whisky which was not to our taste but youve got to remember they're local whisky wont be anything like ours.
Most have pool view as stated in the brochure.
sorry meant Tropicana Grand Azure not oasis
Iv heard alot of bad reviews about this hotel lately,im starting to get very worried. is it just me ?
has anybody got anything good to say because i cant wait! :sun2
Kelsey can i ask were you heard these reviews? if you check the reviews on here and other review websites (not sure if im allowed to brazenly say which) im sure you will find they are still very positive and average around 80-85% on this hotel. Its very popular hotel and theres a lot of up to date reviews due to the amount of people that go.

I sound like a PR for the hotel now! :D

Thanks Tamara
hey,
Tripadvisor have u been to this hotel before ? i can't wait! trying somewere different this time so dont realy no what its like xx
I am staying at the Tropicana Grand Azure at the end of May for a weeks chilling bit would like to know what trips / excursions anre available and how much they cost....I have heard that the Quad Bikes are pretty good but could do with any advice....
Hi britabroad
We are going here the end of May. We e-mailed St George's bar for prices. They do 4 trips for £100. I did the quad biking last year from another hotel and had a great time.
St George's prices are quite good.
If you want the e-mail address let me know.
Garry
Thanks Gary...I would appreciate the link as I have never been to egypt before and whilst I want to spend most of the time just chilling I do want to have some fun as well...
Looks like we will be there at the same time as I get there on the 27th May only for one week though.

Have you been to this hotel before?
Hi britabroad here is the e-mail address. If it gets removed i will pm it to you. stgeorgesbar@hotmail.co.uk.
If you don't get a reply from them soon i will send you a copy of the e-mail they sent us.
We will be at hotel from the 19th till the 29th May. No we haven't been at this hotel before.

Garry
Just returned yesterday, good and bad. Did not like the buffet restaurant, more a canteen, not 5 star, more three. You could not see what meals there were, you had to lift lids off to see food. Tables were not cleared. you had to lean over food to get to other foods, not good. trifles and desserts very messy, area not kept clean. Desserts not sliced, people just had to cut own with slices which made food very messy. You had to go and stand in a queue to book Italian, Fish and Chinese reataurants, but only about 20 tables in each, and menu did not vary. Good points resort area kept very clean, towels and sheets changed every day. Staff all very friendly. Dont shop in the small shop in the foyer, the one that sells sweets and drinks sun tan creams. Very expensive, he wanted 200 Egyptian pounds for a bottle of piz buin, He charged 20 for a bottle of Fanta which you could get at 24/7 supermarket next door for 5 . Rooms very tired, need refurbishing. Did not like going out onto road to shops, you were constantly pestered, come into my shop. All in all would not return to Egypt.
bejay - thanks for the update.

what type fo room did you stay in? i understand what you mean about queing for the restaurants but most all inclusive resorts only let you visit a la carte rest's once a week so you have to expect que's if you can go everynight just about. they do need to think of a better system though. i was rather dissapointed with some of the desserts as they looked better than they tasted. was it your first time to egypt?
Was a superior room, but don't think it was much different from standard room. Had two bigger beds and a small area with two chairs in. Did the standard rooms just have 2 single beds do you know. Was a lot £16 per person per night for what we had but thats the only rooms that were left. First time to Egypt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.