Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Parga could well be a good bet - there's the beautiful Valtos beach, a good selection of restaurants in the town and plenty of places to visit if you hire a car, from the ruins of Dodoni, the beautiful river Acheron, more beaches and mountains, etc. Nowhere in Greece is really formal - my other half refuses to go anywhere he needs a shirt and tie on holiday, so I'm sure everyone will feel comfortable.

Santorini is very different and could be very romantic. We loved it. especialy views of the caldera from Oia and Fira. The beaches are generally black sand though, which I know isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Lindos on Rhodes could also be very romantic and shouldn't be too crowded in September. Good luck with deciding.
If you look in the Kosmar Brochure for Santorini, have a look at Smaragdi Village. It does have its' own website whereby you will get a better idea of what you are getting yourself into. On Web, type in Hotel Smaragdi, then go to item 8 - Santorini Hotels - Smaragdi Hotels. The e-mail address is smragdihotel@yahoo.gr Maria and Stamos would make sure you had a truly memorable wedding. Have a look at the Hotel Report Greece, Greeklass has put in a really good write up.
Zakynthos is a lovely island (aka Zante), worth looking up some of the resorts. Dont be put off by the earthquakes that occur (see topic in this forum). The nicest resort I think is Vasillikos and Gerekas. Have a fab time!
Yes would plump for Santorini anytime- it would be truly magical - we married in Lindos, Rhodes in 2001 it was a wonderful day for us but with hindsight would have gone for Santorini - weddings there were not as well advertised as they are now and we also had a lot of other considerations!!
PM me if you need more info on either!
we went to rhodes last year on a family holiday,we stayed at the lindia thallassa apts in pefkos highly recommended.There were 2 couples staying there who were geting married at st pauls bay in lindos, we saw it on a boat trip it looked reallylovely and romantic,one of the couples travelled to the church by boat,really nice.I think it is an ideal place for a wedding and combining the honeymoon,september would be a good month as it would be a lot cooler than in august when we went.
Have a look at symivisitor.com/weddings.htm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.