Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Did your sister not receive a confirmation invoice detailing the rooms booked ?

This should clarify what was 'actually' booked.

Kath HT Admin
Hi miss P.

Personally I wouldnt waste anymore time and agro on first choice and would email the hotel directly. Im sure they will be a darn sight more helpful than first choice . it is quite normal for customers via T/os to email in advance anyway with room requests etc. I often do it .

It is nornmally the case that a 3rd bed in a hotel room would be a roll out or settee type rather than a full size bed anyway :(

This is what I would do .make the e mail brief and polite , dont tell them the first choice story as it will get lost in translation .Just say you made a booking for 1 x room for 3 and 1 x room for 1 although your tickets now say 2 rooms x 2 ??? and could they see to it that a 3rd bed was ready in one of the rooms and that it would be appreciated if these rooms could be adjacent . They would then let you know on the reply if there was a problem with that. I cant see why it would be a problem . We always book 2 rooms for the 5/6 of us and as long as they can get a bed in that room Ive never been to a hotel yet that is ever concerned about who sleeps in what room.

What was the name of the hotel . Have you had a look at their website to see what the rooms are like and how many people they say to sleep.
I don't think you will have a problem at all.
On our recent holiday, the invoice stated 2 rooms for 3 people. (There were 4 adults and 3 children travelling) Yet when got there, there was a room with a king bed in it for me and hubby and a room with double bed, single bed, sofa bed and cot in it, for my sons family. I am sure there will be the right amounts of beds in the right rooms when you arrive at the hotel.
Denny
hi, just a quick one, was you charged an occupancy rate (think thats the right word) as usually they require two adults in one room, if you have that can maybe prove the mistake by f/c person,

hope all is worked out for your sister as all you need is this on top of getting ready for your big day, congratulations by the way and hope all go's well.

laura
thanks everyone...i think the best thing to do is as you've said,email the hotel,keep it brief...and hope they can help. the greek are very friendly so hoping this will help!!! not sure what details are on the booking info....not that it has made any difference!! i think you'll agree though that it just feels like once they have you're money its the end of it.it's just so unfair when you know a mistake has been made and the t/opp tries to bury it in the sand so to speak.....i will let you know what happens...but hey...gonna go out and have a fab time anyway...just hoping the fires and earthquakes are all done with!!!!!! :cheers
not sure what details are on the booking info....not that it has made any difference!

I makes a great deal of difference. You have entered into a contract. The booking form is part of that and should detail exactly what has been booked.

I agree about contacting the hotel but please check all documentation.

fwh
They probably booked it this way to save you money, because with 3 in 1 room and 1 in another, you would probably pay a huge single supplement. If your invoice doesn't show such a supplement, then 2x2 is what was booked. As the others have said, there is nothing stopping you making your own sleeping arrangements and asking the hotel to put in an extra bed. I'm sure it will work out fine. If the two children are little, you could even 'top and tail' them in one bed.
hi all.....just a little up date on this saga...i got involved with it yesterday and spoke to the travel agents...and yet again to cut a long story short...i spoke to the manager who gave me the tel no for finas apts in pefkos,i havnt phoned them yet as i had another call from t/a who says she has spoken to head office.they are trying to buy a room for 3 from the hotel . all the rooms bought by first choice have sold out but they possibly can buy and extra one...she seemed quite positive so fingers crossed !!!!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.