Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i personally wouldnt choose ovacik as theres nothing there apart from a few hotels and apts, i would opt for olu deniz or hisaronu, but thats my opinion and everyone likes different things, i like to be close to the beach, shops etc and ovacik is a bit too far out for me
hi we stayed in a private appartment last year and it was fantastic, there are plenty of bars restaurants and small shops in ovaic also a water park, there is a man on a bike brings all your shopping to the door cooked chickens, kebabs etc. the bus stops on the main rd and only takes a few minutes into hissaronu it is very easy to walk / stroll there in the evenings and lots of places will drop you back home, hissaronu is great plenty to do, there is no beach in ovaic but the dolmus goes to olu and fitiye where there is a market very cheaply i would not hesitate to go back there and am still looking for a cheap flight. i found olu very hot and ovaic always had a cool breeze.if the price is right give it a try, just ask if the villa is anywhere by the cemetrey or orka this seems to a central point.
I prefer to stay in Ovacik. There are many apartments and villas which ownesr rent out privately and this is by far the most cost effective form of accommodation and being privately owned tend to be more comfortable with a true home from home feel.
This area is central to all amenities and is linked to all resorts by dolmus which runs regularly. Fethiye journey takes approximately 15/20 minutes and is a must for the Tuesday market and harbour. Olu Deniz and it Blue Lagoon take approx 10/15 minutes and Hisaronu about 5 minutes. There are also links to Kaya Koy which takes about 25 minutes.

There are bars, shops and restaurants in Ovacik. It retains a laid back approach and the restaurants are typically Turkish dining on big cushions at low tables almost an horizontal way of eating but fun. The Prickly Pear on the Babdag road is ideal for breakfast whilst the Chill Out garden restaurant offers excellent value for money and its owner Tony on hand to give you advice and recommendations. The resort is sedate and relaxing with stunning mountain views all around - Snowdonia with Sun :tup

Dependent on where you are staying a leisurely stroll will take you into the heart of Hisaronu in around 10 minutes and this resort truly humps :tongue For night howlers - you will fall fall into bed at around 4 in the morning just enough time to have a nap before taking in the sun poolside. :sun2
Our whole holiday in Ovacik was spent getting away from there. Olu Deniz in the day time to the beach back to Hisoranu in the night time with diversions to Fethiye. We spent loads of money on taxis and dolmus. There is no centre to it just one long dusty road. Before all Ovacik fans get annoyed this is my opinion of Ovacik. Lovely accomodation but how much are you in it?
i totally agree with you neknit, we have stayed there once and there was no shops or restaurants near us, we had to either walk into hisaronu or get taxis and dolmuses, it didnt suit us and i wouldnt stay there again, but it might suit others
Did I mention the stunning landscapes and fantastic people in my previous posting or lack of larger louts and hoodlums.
Ovacik does not have a center as such. Bars, shops and restaurants are roadside on the main Fethiye-Olu Deniz road. Trust me accommodation IS important that is why I suggested private rental. What better way to relax by you own private pool, no disturbances, peace and tranquility :cheers and all the creaure comforts of home.
Then just for a change stroll into Hisaronu it does have some good points :wave:
this villa is on the back road of ovacik near the base plane of babadag mountain there is a dolmus service but i'm not sure how often it runs otherwise its taxis or walk down to the main road from which you can get to fethiye ,olu and hisaronu hope this is helpful
Dan,
If you have a specific private villa in mind, why not email the owners directly and ask them all the specific questions you have regarding location - how far to facilitities etc, and anything else you want to know.
We have our own apartment and we welcome questions from potential guests, the way we see it the more info. people have before they go, the more likely they are to make the right choice.
We are always very honest, if it is obvious that they would prefer a loud, busy resort like Marmaris, we would tell them maybe ours is not for them.
So why not give it a try?
Good luck - enjoy whatever you choose!
We're returning to Ovacik for our fifth successive year in the summer. As others have said, it's away from the crowds and it's cooler for being higher up and usually enjoys a nice breeze off the mountains. It's almost equidistant from Olu Deniz and Fethiye and noisy and bustling Hisaronu is only five minutes away by bus which run every few minutes.

It's all down to what you want and like but we find it an ideal place to be based.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.