Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
tuk tuk
15 Posts
channon, you can get a tuk tuk to take you anywhere. Much more fun than a taxi and cheaper :D This March we went from Colva to Panjim in ours, so much fun :D
Don't think that i would want to travel for moe than 15 mins in a tuk tuk.
fun for a short while but thats all.
also the few that i have used haven't inspired me with confidence in their safety.

if it ain't got 4 wheel drive and air conditioning it's not worth riding in.

(only joking for the last bit) :D
if it ain't got 4 wheel drive and air conditioning it's not worth riding in.

Del, you forgot to mention the surround sound cd system :lol:
After a few Kingfishers...I.. do the singing!! :D
has anyone gone from calangute/candolim to the south in a tuk tuk and if so did they wait for you?
bushbaby - we got a tuktuk from Arpora to Candolim and he waited for that fare. Any longer journey, they'll definately wait.
We prefer tuktuks as they seem much better value and the drivers - in general - seem a lot more honest.
When you talk to them most of them have been in the business for years, wheras a lot of the taxi drivers have jumped on the bandwagon.

I would go tutuk every time (although I wouldn't fancy a long journey - more than 20 mins!)

Paul
bushbaby, any tuk tuk or taxi driver will wait for you. If you tell them before the journey that, you can work a price out to suit :wink:
thanks for your help just wanted to know if it could be done, it will be very funny to try it
how longwould this journey take :? tuk tuk or taxi :?
At a rough guess, depending on traffic conditions and where abouts you want to go in the south, taxi 1.5hrs, tuk tuk 2.25hrs.
:wink: Just bear in mind that a tuk tuk can only really seat 2 people. I noticed in an earlier thread that there are at least 4+ going on holiday. :lol:
We went down to Palolem in a maruti van taxi (3 weeks back) and believe me, the roads have deteriorated so bad that there is "no way" I would go down there in a tuk tuk - I am just surprised that I still have some teeth left after that journey :roll: :lol:
Calangute to Palolem has got to be a minimum of 3 hours in a tuk tuk.
Is this a joke, or are you on a death wish? Wouldn't even consider it.... would think the best part of a hellish 2.5 - 3 hour trip and at least a day to recover!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.