Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Tuscany
4 Posts
You could book a table (or even a room if you fancy) at Osteria da Toto in Lucignano, +(0575)+836763. (You can google it. I haven't made enough posts here to be allowed to put a link to it). It's run by Lorenzo Toto who, apparently, is famous as a TV chef in Italy. We just found him an absolutley charming man.

The meals were magnificent. There's no choice. At all. You get what you're given. And, in the Italian way, there are loads of courses, but all of them small with no trimmings. I remember one appetiser being just a deep-fried borage leaf. Unusual, but tasty. And, if you're lucky, you might get to finish with a glass of home-made grappa.

Lucignano itself, although a lovely little walled town surrounded by beautiful countryside, isn't really worth stopping around long - though it is handy for Siena.

We also thoroughly enjoyed Lucca, and a blow-out meal at the Osteria Baralla, but that's firmly on the the tourist track.
many thanks - it sounds like a great little find - will add this to our list of must eat places
As i've mentioned before, Villa Pallero is definitely a hidden gem in Tuscany, and with it being a hidden gem, comes the beauty, peace and tranquility of it. If you're into a lazy, scenic holiday it's good, though if you're not one to sit around much you may like a visit to Rome! Plenty to walk around and see.

I just came back from both places recently and I felt totally refreshed and relaxed with the Villa in Tuscany, but felt like I needed a holiday to get over the holiday to Rome!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.