Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks for the tip Spike - love programmes like that :D
Watched this first time round...brilliant. We will be watching it again :cheers Paula
Hi watched it the first time, love the music from it, will be watching again, thanks :cheers
There is another programme on Ch5 Tuesday at 8pm. Ship Rescue it is about the removeal of a container ship off a Devon beach. Maybe the Goa tourist department should also see it.
Mike
Anyone who didn't see it 1st time round - Monsoon Railway is on BBC 2 at 9.00pm Friday 23rd July.

was brilliant!! reminded me of so many trips, amazing
Chilly
Caught the first episode on Friday.Anyone know when the second part is on or have I missed it.

Papa
Papa - 2nd part was on Saturday at 6.00pm. They normally announce at the end of a 1st part when the 2nd will be on, this time no mention.. looked through a tv mag 3 times and didn't see it, but was channel flicking on Saturday and got it.

I guess your only chance now is catch up tv on cable / satellite.
Thanks spike,

Searched all the listings without success

I will iplayer it through the wii onto the TV in the lounge that way we can both watch it together.

Cheers,

Papa
Oh dear cannot find it on the iplayer.

Papa
Another programme coming up is for food lovers, and it's Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - an oldie again but those who missed it a few years ago can see the episode where he visits Goa and cooks with old friend Rui (manager of Ronil Hotel, Baga).

Can be seen on the Good Food channel @ 11.30am Monday 2nd August - then @ 1.30am Tues 3rd and again @ 11.30am Tues 3rd
  • Edited by spike 2010-07-30 12:59:14
I recorded the first Monsoon Railway, but missed that it was on again the next day. Will it make any difference? Are they two separate programs, or does it follow on?
It followed on. Can't find any repeats that are due to come up either.
We missed the second one too, strange thing to do, putting it on at a different time.
Finally found the second part of Monsoon Railway last night purely by chance about five minutes before it was due to start.

It was on BBC2 Wales.

On the Sky+ box ready to be watched later.

Should have watched it last night while enjoying Tandoori Chicken with Roganjosh curry.

Papa
What a great series that was! What is unbelievable is that India is perceived to be a third world country and yet they could really show a thing or two to the operators of our railways! :que

I hope they do a follow up series as I do need my Indian fix during monsoon season :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.