Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
UB40 are in Goa
9 Posts
For full Carnival details look here -- http://www.findall-goa.com

But it will only help if you are there now x lassi
The big carnival in Panjim is today (2nd Feb) according to sites I have read on the internet.
For any UB40 fans, they are currently in Goa (minus Ally Campbell who has apparently quit), staying at the Riviera Hermitage at Arpora and will be playing at the carnival.

Sorry but it's a UB40 tribute band,there is also a Queen tribute band playing tonight as well.

John
Queen and UB40 tribute bands (NOT the real thing, despite some misleading advertising!) played in Panjim on Saturday evening, after the carnival floats parade. They sounded OK, but there wasn't much of a crowd, and the cops came half way through the pretend Queen's set (at 23:00) to tell them to switch the musuic off. So even the mayor of Panjim has to abide by the "noise" law. Ridiculous really, given the amount of money it must have cots them to get the bands out here for just this 1 show.
Aw No! :omg My Goan friend said they were the real thing :whoops :duh Sorry. We spoke to him Saturday morning and he had been teaching them some Konkani.

Should have known really - but hopefully the "fakes" still went down well at the carnival. Just typical of the cops to enforce the "noise ban" you'd think they would bend the rules for carnival time wouldn't you :que

If they like fake bands, AND if I win the lottery (ever) then I will book Talon (Eagles tribute band) they would love them in Goa - and they are very very very good too. Wonder how much they would cost :think
misterc,
may not be, Red Red Wine but just another Tequila Sunrise? :rofl ...jxk8
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.