Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
canaryforum.com and Islas Canarias Tours both offer transfers and neither has been taken over.

Private services for 1 to 4 people have stopped on Lanzarote on all days of the week.

Private services on a Wednesday have stopped on Fuerteventura.

No other changes have been made to the transfers on those islands or Gran Canaria and Tenerife.

Maybe a rep from a different company saw you and was trying to get your business as our airport reps work directly for us so wouldn't say such a thing.

If they sent you a booking confirmation I would imagine when you get back, if you let them know they would offer you a refund in part/full depending on the circumstances of your enquiry/booking. Let them know.

Owen
Edit to remove web address.
Sorry to hear you had problems. I have to say that we usually use taxis from the airport to Playa Fanabe. Have heard all sorts of horror stories about transfers (though not Canaryforum) the only one time we did use one (won't mention the name) it was horrendous. Unhelpful peeps, huge waits, big bus and took forever. (I guess it didn't help that it was chucking it down with rain and had been diverted to Gran Canaria and arrived late and wet!)

When we return to Tenerife (next week :yipee ) we will revert to taxis.

Yes, they can be more expensive, but you know what you're getting and even on changeover friday the queues are not too bad.
I have used Canaryforum to book accommodation in the past and could not fault them. Owen's description of the accommodation was 100% accurate and the service he provides is excellent. I have also e-mailed him for advice regarding Gran Canaria in the past and he has always taken the time to respond in detail, even though there was nothing in it for himself.
Cyberhiker - that's good to know. Whilst this is not a commercial site, it is good to be able to put our points. And if they are good that's great.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.