Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Ginlizzy, you are the lucky one, on the way out some of us were put on Jet airways, and the rest on British airways, the one on BA had a tuck shop where you could go and get goodies, choc, crisps ect as much as you liked, and 1 girl I met at Mumbai had been given 3 1/2 bottles of wine by the cabin crew [unfortunately confiscated at Mumbai] due to new rules re taking liquids on board. As I booked a round trip with BMI I now find myself in a position of not having a return ticket as we don't know which airline will be taking us.

Lin
Lin
you need to call them and ask them to book you on a flight, Thank God I saw a message on another site about it.
I then did a spot check on the BMI flight and Mumbai had been taken off completely with no availability what so ever.
I called Southall Travel who really did not have a clue as they had not been informed as yet, so I called BMI who changed the booking to BA and then I called BA who gave me their booking reference and confirmed the connecting flights with Indian airlines, I think I am one of the lucky ones because not everyone is going to get flights that connect with the Mumbai-Goa sector. What a nightmare for some. :(
just been on bmi website and the service to mumbai has been stopped indefinitely due to cracked wing etc at least they found it
Cracked wing whats that all about :shrug :shrug :shrug
God knows Colleen but the route has been cancelled for the forseeable future
The technical problem is a cracked wing main landing gear rib 6 aft bearing lug, discovered during a routine maintenance inspection. The aircraft was immediately withdrawn from service.

In English it means that the landing gear may fail :cry:

Remember when that pilot landed on one wheel? Don't worry it is a one off :lol:

lez
Apparently it was discovered late August. They were hoping to get it back in service by Oct 12th but now the word at Heathrow is it will be Dec time. :?
I hear it is off now for good. he BMI staff at Mumbai told me their office was closing.

We had a nightmare with them. They checked us in at Edinburgh, didn't tell us that the BMI flight from HRW was cancelled, checked our luggage in for the cancelled flight.

We missed the jetair flight (beacause we didn't know we were supposed to get it) and ended up on a Gulf Air flight to Muscat, then another flight from there to Mumbai. We almost missed the connection to Goa and when we did finally arrive in Goa, the luggage was nowhere to be seen.

We got all four bags back two days ago, 24 DAYS after reporting them missing. It didn't ruin the holiday but we did miss some of the stuff (kids snorkelling gear, good books, a change of undies etc).

If BMI pee you about too, HANG ON TO YOUR LUGGAGE!
Sweet chillysauce

I saw it on the web some where and phoned them. They didnt phone me.

They rebooked me on BA, I called BA and asked what do I do about the tickets as they say BD flights, they said that they would except them.
I got a call the other day from Southall travel telling me that my flights had been cancelled and that I had been rebooked on BA. They then told me I had to get my ticket revalidated at the airport in Terminal 1. I called BA and they confirmed it even though we had been told something different the week before. Well BA go from Terminal 4 and I didnt fancy messing about with all the luggage on the morning we go. OH went the other day to get them changed and he said it was chaos, thank goodness we did it then and not on the morning of travel which is Saturday. I would have been pulling my hair out :omg :bhead

I hope they are going to comensate you for your lost luggage
Rgds
Hi everyone

Im meant to be flying to Mumbai in march with BMI but when i contacted lastminute.com they said they havent heard anything about BMI cancelling flights and not to worry about it.

Do you think i should get intouch with BMI themselves???

thanks Keira x
Definately contact them as they are not resuming this route
Thanks Ginlizzy.

Will phone them tomorrow!

Keira x
Do B.M.I. expect people to believe that they have only one plane that can fly the route? Surely the truth of the matter is more likely that because of the competition on the route they were wanting out of it and stuff their customers Alan
I agree with you gramp, very suspect indeed.
What gets me is that they are very blase about it
:bhead
and southall travel are still selling there flights

expensive tho :cry:
I agree Gramps, they must think we are completely stupid.

We have been offered £50 each to cover emergency purchases. This is the standard they tell me, I am arguing that our luggage was not delayed for a 'standard' amount of time (it is usual for it to be recovered within 48 hours they tell me) so they can think again. We do have travel insurance but on principal I am rejecting the airline's offer.

We have just found out that the mobile phone bill -we used hubby's work phone to amke calls to report and try and chase up the luggage- is almost £400!! Just what we don't need a few weeks before christmas.

Personally I think BMI should give us free flights back to Goa as compensation so we can go back again :D
Well i phoned BMI who have changed me onto a BA flight.

Was told that times and everything were exactly the same!
Thought id better double check it and guess what the times are totally different!

Just glad i didnt book my flight down to Goa yet!

Keira x
I had two trips pre-booked on the BMI flight to Mumbai then Jet Airways to Dabolim, one for last November and another for this February.

The first trip was booked through Expedia. When the problem arose Expedia e-mailed me to contact them and eventually they moved us to BA. I was told just to present my BMI tickets to the BA check-in, but the print on the tickets had faded to un-readable since their issue last June and so I was able to get replacement tickets in advance and these were for the BA flight.

A few things I learned from this trip.
It was not possible to pre-assign seats with BA.
No problem at BA check-in, at least if you have re-issued tickets, although the reservation number (locator) had changed to a BA one.
BA at Heathrow can check you through for the Jet Airways connection and issue the boarding passes for it. On the return Jet Airways at Dabolim can issue the BA boarding pass and seat allocations, but you do have to get the boarding pass exchanged at the BA check-in desk in Mumbai.
BA was not a good as Virgin who are my prefered way to Mumbai.
As mentioned there is a "tuck shop" on the BA flight, but coming back the crew never told anyone about and they disappeared off to the crew quarters for most of the flight. There was a bottle or water, jug of juice and some cups left in the galley for self-service but you had to go and find it for yourself.

We are off again in two weeks time booked through Flightbookers, this time we haven't found an excuse to get the tickets re-issued. Has anyone had experience of turning up at Heathrow or Dabolim with BMI tickets for the BA flight. Can you just check-in or do you have to have the tickets endorsed somewhere else beforehand?

Geoff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.