Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I think the masks are only effective to stop you spreading it to others ! ( sure I read that when it all kicked off in Mexico). Given that they are predicting 100,000 new cases a day in Britain by the end of August, not sure you are going to avoid it anyway !

John
from what has been said about face masks on other bits of the board, they don't stop the virus as they aren't designed for it ! You would have to get something like the army would use for chemical warefare ! The only real advantage would be if everyone had them on it might stop some of the blast spreading out if a person sneezed !

Yes the flu can be bad, can have serious results but thats always been the case for Flu ! Try not to worry about it too much and enjoy your holiday.

Steve
as many of you know I'm a country bumpkin.. well i creased up this morning when i say a woman [on her own] in a car driving around the lanes with a surgical mask on which is totally useless in protecting you from such viruses...
:rofl

Don't some people get things totally out of perspective!!

Pippa
I know the theory behind it says the openings in the fibre aren't small enough to stop the virus getting through but surely they must stop any direct splattering and air born droplets of virus filled "vapour" being sent hurtling towards other people ?

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.