General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Why not wander down to you local dealer and have a look at one?

fwh
the avensis has a lot less luggage room the same would apply to a passat saloon the Zaffi with the buddy seats down will give around 50% more carrying space depending on the size of the kids you can make a little extra room by moving the rear bench seat forward a couple of inches...

why not pop down to a local vauxhall dealer and have a nose around the second hand stock to get an idea

wizard
I drive a Scenic which is the car Vauxhall based the Zafira on. I have also test driven a zafira. The rear two seats will fold down flat giving you a large empty space for cases etc. I would expect that there will be plenty of space in the boot. The parcel shelf should come out, this can be placed flat on the floor of the boot. This will give you a bit more room to pile luggage up. The car will have plenty of other spaces and slots for slammer items. Just remeber to check them all when you return the car otherwise you will lose things.
the zaffi is not based on the sonic the construction and mechanics are totally different the flex seating of the zaffi is patent to general motors Europe and was the first MPV with truly fold flat rear buddy seats, it is a variant of the Astra

its totally fold flat system is what has made it the best selling mpv in Europe

wizard

Disclaimer/ I work for general motors Europe fleet services
  • Edited by Wizard 2007-02-24 19:32:41
thank you for the helpful replies wizard and hi de hi

unfortunately fwh i would normally would done as you suggested but do not have access to a car at the moment as my husband is away with it for work so cannot go and look at any ones in dealers and do not know anyone who has one to have a look at - short of accosting total strangers in the nearest supermarket i cant really get a good look at one :wink:

I was just hoping for a reply from someone along the lines of "yes we have hired one and we got 5 people and cases in it no problem!!" but we really want to get this booked this week then it is all sorted.
Hi Fatcodycat, we have a Zafira ( this is our 2nd) and my hubby reckons you should be able to fit 5 (maybe 6 ) suitcases in the back, depending on the size of the cases. We don't put the 2 seats up in the back, but believe me there's loads of room. I don't drive but I'm very good at filling the car up lol, and last week we were having a clear-out and in the back (behind the rear seats) we had:- 1 small chest of drawers, 1 folded up single mattress, and 2 cane chairs........ :yikes hope this gives you some idea., Linda x
Thankyou linda :D

Im sure the zafira will be fine - although as my husband points out there is 1 male and 4 females in the party so we need as much space as possible for all the luggage we will take between us girlies - especially as we are going to a wedding one of the days we are there so need all the clobber for that too!!

Thanks again everyone i think a zafira is going to be the most practical option.
It may be put together differently but Renault came up with the concept of a upwardly stretched hatchback then Opel, Citroen, Ford, Toyota and uncle Tom Cobley copied. I didn't buy the Zaffira as it was a grand more expensive (and the Scenic is already dearer than most of the opposition) and there was less room in the back!
Another option may be to hire a roof rack.

Robby :wink:
I drive a Zafira and we are a family of 5. With the back seats down you should just about get everything in the boot as long as they are not all enormous suitcases.
The fold down seat system is excellent, but when the seats are down the "boot cover"thingy doesn't fit very well. We usually leave it out of the car altogether which isn't much good if you need to hide your luggage.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.