Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Have you paid H&J the resort fee? It is normally paid direct to the hotel on check out.

If you have confirmation dated before the resort fee was introduced, take that with you and tell them at check in that there was no resort fee when you booked.

We booked the MGM Grand when the resort fee was $10 / night. Between booking and arriving it had risen to $25. I told the check in clerk who asked to see my confirmation. He spoke to a supervisor then said he would waive the fee. I still got all the amenities there were included, eg wifi, etc and he even gave me extra drinks vouchers.

Even the CET properties, ie Caesars, Harrah's, etc have recently introduced a resort fee after shouting from the roof tops for the past few days about how they didn't have one. It won't apply to bookings made prior to 1 March 2013.

BTW, the Cosmopolitan is a fantastic hotel with great rooms, especially if you get a premium view of the Bellagio fountains.
Thank you for the advice, some light at the end of the tunnel then! Yes they only started charging on Jan 1st this year so hopefully I have a good case. I did expect it being that the cosmopolitan is such a high end hotel, it was one of the only ones not charging but $25 per night for wifi and calls(gym should be comp in such a hotel anyway) is excessive.

I've booked the premium view wrap around suite and can't wait, counting down the days!
Jimbob wrote:

I've booked the premium view wrap around suite and can't wait, counting down the days!

Sounds lovely :tup
Semi result, I checked in and it seemed like they wouldn't budge but I managed to get comp wifi and no resort fee but I can't use the gym unless I pay $12 per use...

Seems excessive when I can get nearly 3beers for that and they are more fun...

Definitely in Vegas mood now!

Views and hotel are amazing
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.