America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Just checked my excalibur booking and it says $5:60 too but http://www.excalibur.com/hotel/reservations_policy.aspx says $7:50

It does make things harder to compare, especially thinking about what use each one is.
I'd rather not know what portion of the total was resort fee and just have a nightly rate and list of services.
I see on that link that Excalibur also charges a $10 fee if you call to get a lower rate. It's the first time I've seen that.

Rate Change Fee.

If you book on Excalibur.com and find a lower rate for the same dates later, call 1-877-750-5464 and we'll be glad to lower your rate ($10 change fee applies).

luci :wave
I saw that too, and I think it would be easy enough to get round. They are really adding silly things now.

I recently changed our Excalibur reservations for May 2010. All I did was re-book the new dates and after the confirmation came through, I canceled the original booking. I suppose it's a bit of messing about, but I was quite happy doing that.
Hi all, I am just back from the Algarve and what is all this resort fee rubbish in Vegas? I was aware of the Excalibur one (in fact they have charged a resort fee albeit minor for a number of years now) but the Mirage now as well. I agree, it makes comparing hotels extremely difficult.
And what is all this $10 to change a booking rubbish at the Excalibur? Do they think we are stupid? You do have to laugh at the ways they are trying to get some extra cash in.
I agree with jaqs, one rate with everything included whether it be resort fee, toll phone charge, buffets, tickets to shows.....

Jaqs, don't forget the resort fee at the Excalibur also includes 2 x Midway tickets for use in the Amusement arcade. Not to be sniffed at as well as your 2 free drinks for the duration of your stay...........!!!!! :think :rofl

Vegas planning mode resumes in the near future........ :tup

Ju
Welcome back Ju! On with the planning!

luci :wave
Las Vegas Uncovered on Sky2 (I think) again from Friday morning normally around 1 or 2ish in the morning. I don't think it is on over the weekends though but continues into the following week. Just check your Sky+ schedules!!!

It's outdated and concentrates too much on clubbing but for a look at Vegas in the early 00's it is a good watch.

Ju :tup
I've just had a revisit of flights to Vegas on the 14th November for 6 nights and they are over the £400 mark now indirect. I think the option of going direct is a fading one, we really needed to have been in a position to book when Virgin had their sale the other week but I'm not so bothered about indirect. The one thing I would like is a reasonable arrival time in Vegas and the Continental that gets in after 4pm to Vegas still looks the best bet from Houston.

I have a set budget of £800 for flights. I think I may have to do some tinkering with other costs because I expect the prices to rise slowly before we are in a position to book (if we do of course).

Mid October is the key for a decision. If things fall into place we should be on our way in November. Fingers crossed. :tup

On the hotel front, nothing is beating the already booked Excalibur deal. The MGM is doing its best to tempt me again aside from the $259.99 Saturday night Grand Tower room rate!!!!!! There is a boxing match after all.

Ju
I had another check on flights again yesterday but thought I would try putting in departure from Norwich to Vegas and see what ridiculous price Expedia would come up with. To my surprise, it came out at just over £500 return. Flight from Norwich to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam via any number of US cities (Detroit, Minneapolis to name two) to Vegas arriving at 6.30pmish (I can't remember the exact time). It's a long long day, the Norwich to Amsterdam flight leaves at 6.20am but the stopovers are what make up the time, the actual flying time isn't too bad (14hrs approximately).
It's another option, and when you add in hotel/parking/petrol to get to and from Heathrow it would probably be cheaper overall. Factor in also the flight home arriving in Norwich, so just a 5min drive from our home with no potential sleepiness at the wheel and a whole Saturday and Sunday to recover and it sounds quite interesting. There are obvious issues to think of though, such as baggage allowances, the potential of delays the more flights you include etc but the thought of waking up in Norwich and later that day being in Vegas is exciting, but all you people who fly out of regional airports to get to London would appreciate that anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.