General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I assume you've already looked at all the specific single holiday sites such as solo holidays? http://www.solosholidays.co.uk

I think you'll probably be stuck with a supplement, I went away on my own in July to Kefalonia with Olympic Holidays and they had one of the cheapest single supplements I found. This was self catering, not in a hotel but to be honest depending on where you go it might be worthwhile pricing up both SC and HB as eating out can be very cheap (I spent less than 200E on food, drink and treats for my SC week and I certainly didn't scrimp)

Another place worth checking out is Travel Republic - http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk
I had it recommended to me and I've just managed to get a holiday for 2 to Portugal (flights, 1 bed apartment and 1 week's hire car) for £500 through them. They often have good prices on hotels and you can build your package which might work better for you. They are fully bonded.
Hi Krankie
like puddleduck I too would reccomend http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk.
We travelled to turkey with them and stayed at the Hotel mediteran in fethiye for £4 a night. It was amazing, a totally beautiful place and ticks all your boxes but the beach one, although the hotel is on the waters edge. we met lots of single travellers. I have reviewed it on here.
good luck and I hope you find somewhere.
hugs la x
Thank you for your replys.

I've off into town in while, would it be worth me looking into a few travel agents and asking if they have a late deals? Or continue my look on the internet?
with ryanair and findmeaccom you could get 7 nights in the oasis park hotel in lloret from 28th august on a hb basis.
I've off into town in while, would it be worth me looking into a few travel agents and asking if they have a late deals?

Absolutely - I just assumed you'd already done that to be honest
Frankie, I am going to Majorca on my own in a few days :D

I booked my trip with easyjet, they now have a bit on the website where you can book the flight and hotel together and some of the hotels have single rooms thus avoiding the nasty single supplement! You would be sorting out your own transfers but still you will make such a saving it doesn't matter too much.

Let us know how you get on!
Frankie, I am going to Majorca on my own in a few days Very Happy

I booked my trip with easyjet, they now have a bit on the website where you can book the flight and hotel together and some of the hotels have single rooms thus avoiding the nasty single supplement! You would be sorting out your own transfers but still you will make such a saving it doesn't matter too much.

Let us know how you get on!

I had a look on the easyjet site. But it's running really slow for me here. Looked up Majorca, well would have done, but it's not showing on the list when I enter all London airports as departure.

I'm off work until 12th September, so as long as I manage to get away somewhere before then, I will be happy. And if I had unlimited funds I would be happier.

I am really surprised at the price of a lot of holidays now. Last one I went on was too Cuba in 2000. That was all inclusive for 2 weeks and the whole package cost me £550. Australia the year before cost me roughly the same, although that was only bed and breakfast.

I guess prices have gone up somewhat since I entered the world of homeowner back in 2001. Used to enjoy my holidays until I became skint :lol:
Clearly I've got too much time on my hands!! :D

Have a look on Travel Republic now!!
They've got flights to Crete from this Friday and over the weekend from Gatwick starting at £38!! You can get a 2 week holiday B&B starting from £363 for a 3 star hotel.
Use CARSDSTUDENT in the promo box for a discount.
I find that Tunisia is a good destination for the single traveller because it's usually quite easy to get package for a decent hotel with no single supplements from most TOs. Even if there is supplement to pay they're usually quite low - rarely more than £5 per day. £400 should get you a week's HB in a 4* or AI in a 3* without any problem and if you shop around and look for a September departure - ie as the schools go back -you would probably get a good deal for less than your budget. The weather should still meet your requirements too.

SM
Majorca flights are from £56 with Thomson - cheapest HB option though is £497
Turkey on Saturday from Gatwick - 2* HB £393 or 3* HB £403
Best bargain on TR so far -
Going to Tunisia on Sunday from Gatwick - ALL INCLUSIVE - 4* Serail Hotel in Hammamet £464
Thank you all

Puddleduck, couldn't see that last one on there. Must have gone already! Oh well. What's the betting I don't end up going anywhere :lol:
did you manage to get anything?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.