America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
depends what you want to do, when you are going and how much you want to spend/travel etc.

TC
It,s the flight I'm mostly bothered about, thinking about June.
Well flight to Vancouver is over 10 1/2 hours to then you got to catch ferry to victoria to get there so its a good way to go,To be honest there isnt much to do in victoria for more than a couple of days, it is a very nice place to visit a lovely inner harbour, a mesuem,it reminds me of an old english town but with the canadian dollar not good at the minute against the english pound little more expensive canada than USA at the minute.

I Love NY a 24 hr city complete oppisite to a place like victoria if you dont like the hussle and bussle of a big city may not for you but i cant say anything bad about NY i love it there from the open spaces of central park , to the shows you can see and everything else NY has to offer i love it there plus its only a 7hr flight...

Las vegas been 4 times its place i think everybody should visit you either love it or hate it,mainly most people love it.its not easy to describe the hotels they are just out of this world,you got plenty of shows also to see the grand canyon or the hoover dam to visit,the shopping is good at vegas at some of the discount places but i do after say after about 4 days ive just about had enough of it i wouldnt recommend more than 7 days there but im sure some will disagree there.also a 10 hour flight to vegas

With the pound doing well against the US dollar i would look at going to the usa,we found canada a little expensive this year if you are a little unsure where to go why dont you spilt it 4-5 days in NY 4-5 in vegas but whatever you decide have a great trip.
Thanks yeltzman, the only reason we were going to Victoria was because we have friends there, maybe have a rethink now.
Been to them all and if it was me choosing there wouldn't be a seconds hesitation.

Bright light city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire :wink:

John
yeah, I would split it too.

I think New York is fantastic.........and I go to Vegas every year myself so I'm biased on that one 8)
Spend time in both and it will be a fantastic trip!

Cheers,

TC
OMG Yeltzman - are you crazy :lol: No more than 5 days in Vegas. Each to their own, but I love to stay 10 or 11 nights! Did enjoy 3 nights in New York in June, followed by 8 nights in Vegas. Next year think we'll do 12 or 13 nights just in Vegas though. We just never find the time to do everything!

Never been to Canada at all, so can't comment on that. When we booked for NY/Vegas last year we got good prices booking on the Continental website. Just over £1000 for 2 flights in June including stopover, but then had to book all our own hotels. Got some great deals at that time of year on hotels though. NY not so great got Washington Jefferson (I don't really recommend) for £70 per night on priceline. Then for $141 got 3 nights at Orleans including Rick Thomas show. Great value for £70! And got Westin on the weekend nights for £30 per night on priceline, then Paris for $99 per night. Worked out quite a reasonable holiday considering!
Now decided to do NY and Vegas so we need all knowledge - which way do we do it, who with, hotels etc, we will be flying from Manchester in May or June. Lezley what's the continental websites ?
As for the 5 nights maximum in Vegas, I agree with Lesley.

We are just back from a 28 night stay with only one night not being actually in Vegas. My other half wants to go for even longer next time. We :love2 :love :love2 Vegas.
Oooo I think I'd be Vegassed out after 28 nights. :omg

When we went for 10 nights I felt it was 1-2 nights too long. However we went back for 11 nights and it still wasn't long enough as I had a plan of what we were doing most days.

Going back in April for 12 nights and that will be out 8th visit and a total of 65 nights and we still haven't had enough.

Trip report Pebbles? Even a brief outline or where you stayed and ate would be much appreciate until I get back there myself.

luci :wave
luci wrote:
Trip report Pebbles? Even a brief outline or where you stayed and ate would be much appreciate until I get back there myself.

I had to go to Spain again soon after Vegas, so haven't had time yet. :roll: (Only got back last night.) I will do something soon though.
Yes....I'd love to hear what you found that hasn't been talked about already on here.....you must have done TONS! I can't believe it 28 days...that's a cheek actually (not that I'm jealous or anything!). :bawl
Of course you're not! It was HELL!!!! (Only joking, we had a great time) :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.